Thom maybe u can help with this.

PoweredByDodge
PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
edited September 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just finsihed my "idea" for the 88 and changed my initial order from sounddomain (i had intended to load up the truck with speakers, but after taking a reality check and realizing that i don't want to go back to having my nose on the steering wheel like i did 6 years ago, i decided against it).

1 pair Momo Carbon 6x9's

2 ea Momo Carbon 8" DVC subs

sound/electronic, the momo just worked out better than the db for me.

problem is - i am not liking the momo grilles for my application. they will look absolutely absurd in an old truck.

the db grilles look more "do-able" as far as asthetics - i actually really like them a lot - sleek and ****, more like that'd fit in a little better. question is - will the db 8" sub grille fit the momo 8" sub, and will the db 6x9 grille fit the momo 6x9?

if so - can i buy these grilles from polk?

i don't want to go "un-grilled" because i fully intend to beat the living hell out of this truck. not abuse it, but i'm going to enjoy it and probably have many a idiot in it throwing things around the cabin.
The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
Post edited by PoweredByDodge on

Comments

• PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2005
    also --

1) reccomended sealed enclosure volume for the momo carbon 6x9, or should i port it out, and if so, reccomended ported volume and port specs.

2) planning on using a JBL Crown amp setup - 125 x 2 to the 6x9's and 180 x 2 to the subs... are the 8's "fully juiced" at 180 - 200 watts or do they tend to "want more" like the last generation of momo? ... the proverbial, "whatta you think, more power or is that fine?"
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    This is a very good question that I also would like the answer to...

I am getting all momo speaks for the BMW project, and the db grills look nicer and "blend" better....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited September 2005
    We don't make a db 8" grill. Only the 12" grill that comes on the db212 box.

The db 6"x9" grills will fit on MMC690's, the only issue is that they'll sit about 1/4" off whatever surface the speakers are mounted to. The Momo grills are taller.

I'd give the MMC690's as much airspace as possible. They're designed to work in IB- type applications, like doors and rear decks.

That seems to be plenty of power.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2005
    allrighty, thanks :)

in the interest of keeping everything matched, i'm gonna see if i can find something like those parts express grilles on that jeep box that kid built that'll fit each size i've got.

thankx again.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited September 2005
    Or just paint the Momo grills satin black. Nice and suttle.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2005
    That would work... adhesion promoter - flat base black and then flat clear over it... good idea... saves me havin to screw around finding xyz grille from god knows where.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited September 2005
    dude, you don't need all that. Just get yourself a few cans of Krylon and some steel wool. That's all I did and the MOMO grilles that I painted for a friend have not chipped at all and they are a year old already.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!