edited September 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Anybody have specks for sda 2's?I need to know their impedence
Post edited by keith allen on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited September 2005
    Options
    the original SDA 2? 2B? I dont knw the figures exactly, but I'm pretty sure they varied. I feel safe to say all were between 4 and 6. I would assume 4 ohms if you dont get a solid answer, as I believe my sda 2b's were 4 ohm
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • PolkFreak
    PolkFreak Posts: 91
    edited September 2005
    Options
    The SDA 2A's which have two 6.5 inch drivers and one 1 inch SL2000 dome are 4 ohm. Just to state the model as , "SDA 2" would mean that you are talking about the ones with three 6.5 inch mid/bass drivers in each cabinet as well as two SL2000 tweeters in each cabinet. Almost all of the 80's Polks are rated at 4 ohm. The ones that are rated at 6 ohm are the following: The Monitor 10, SDA CRS+, and the SDA 2B seem to be rated at 6 ohm as well for some odd reason. I've seen a copy of the 2B specs from its manual on the forum before. Keith, I thought you were a Cerwin Vega fan? ;) Cheers, Polk Freak
  • keith allen
    keith allen Posts: 734
    edited September 2005
    Options
    LOL...yea I dig them Vega's,mine are 2's...three drivers,with two tweets.Im running them off a DRA 685 receiver which handles 4 ohm speakers really well,but it runs real warm...Ive run my maggies off it before,I new they were 4ohm...was unsure of the sda's...many thanx
  • PolkFreak
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I'm happy to be of service to you keith! I just remember a thread that I think you might have started that you mentioned being a fan of the Vegas.
    I also remember an oversized picture of a classic green motorbike popping up out of nowhere which had nothing to do with the subject of speakers at hand.
    I laughed so hard I was in tears. Even though you may have not intended that to be something as a joke you couldn't have put that picture in at a better time. :D That had to have been the most uplifting thing of my entire crappy year and I give you many thanks. :) Cheers, PolkFreak
  • PolkFreak
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I might have an answer to the 2B's being 6 ohm instead of 4 ohm like the 2A's are. I think it is the difference in the crossovers because a driver hooked up to a crossover can turn out to have a different rating than it would have alone. The SDA crossover and the stereo crossover are connected into one on the 2B. They are separate on the 2A.
    The late 80's to the early 90's are the best Polks made when it comes to the SDAs and the Monitors. You should buy a pair from that era to add to your collection. Its good to hear that you own a pair of SDAs in the first place though. Since I am bias toward Polk I hope you like the Polks better than the Vegas. Cheers to you once again, PolkFreak