Starwars remastered

Options
dave shepard
dave shepard Posts: 1,334
edited September 2005 in Music & Movies
Any body get it or see it yet? I desided to get the widescreen remastered Starwars Triligy. I have not been overly impressed with remastered movies before, Escape from NY was a bad one for a room full of speakers. But the Starwars was suppose to be one of the better ones done, so I desided to get it. We watched the first one last night. I was quite impressed with the remaster job done on an older movie the sourrounds were doing their thing and even the sub was working the air. Also the pic was clean and bright with only a slight grainyness on the dessert shots but other then that very minor issue it was very clean and sharp. So if you haven't seen it or got it and like the series it is a quality remake worthy of adding to ones collection.

Dave
Post edited by dave shepard on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I would love to have this but in usual, Lucas fashion, you can only get it as a box set, for over $50! :mad:
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • millerman 3732
    millerman 3732 Posts: 1,488
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Ive got the set and they all look great

yeah star wars
    Casey
    H/T: Epson 6500ub
    Sony UBP-X800
    Toshiba HD-XA2 (HD-DVD, CD)
    Onkyo 805 (pre-amp)
    Outlaw 7125
    Polk RTi 10 (bi-amped)
    Polk CSi5 (bi-amped)
    Polk RTi6
    SVS PB 12 plus/2
    Velodyne SMS-1

TV Rig: Samsung 50'' 4k display
    Polk Signa-1 Surround bar
  • Pablo
    Pablo Posts: 723
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I love sci-fi so much I have all the star wars in my collection (except the new one). I thought they did a great job on the sound and picture. But for the price, they should have included the original versions as well. They added quite a bit of graphics on the re-releases (but you can heardly tell they didn't belong).

(I even have it on VHS from the first time it was released)
    Denon AVR-3803
    RTi-70 Fronts
    FXi-30 Surrounds
    RTi-38 Back Surrounds
    Csi-40 Center
    PSW350 Sub
    Panasonic PT-56WXF95 HDTVSamsung un60JS8000 SUHD
    Denon DVD-2910
    Xbox, Gamecube, PS2, PS3, PS4, xbox360, Wii, WiiU, n64
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited September 2005
    Options
    I have the original VHS versions for whenever I get the desire to go nostalgic. I also have the remastered DVDs and have absolutely no complaints about anything (changes, added CGI, price, PQ, SQ). It's all good.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2005
    Options
    Its the best PQ/SQ they've ever released. I was glad to see it. Can't wait for the HD version so I can buy it a 3rd or 4th time. :)
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited September 2005
    Options
    PolkThug wrote:
    Its the best PQ/SQ they've ever released. I was glad to see it. Can't wait for the HD version so I can buy it a 3rd or 4th time. :)

I hear it. I'd probably have the LD too if I had one when they were the rage...

I got the set. Way cool. Good SQ, Good PQ. You'll like it. I want the first one to come out on DVD, but I guess it's gonna come w/ the other two.