c400.4

danyrm
danyrm Posts: 1
edited September 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys great fourm. Lots of good information on here.
I recently just purchased four fullrange speakers (mmc525coaxial and mmc570) along with the c400.4 from tweeter. Now i cant get the rear to sound any way decent. Now looking threw the manual it does not show u being able to hook 4 speakers up. Just 2 along with a subwoofer Is there a way to wire them up or did the guy at tweeter just want a sale. O ya my head unit is a clarion i think its somethin like dx635mp. Thanks in advance guys.
Post edited by danyrm on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited September 2005
    Yes, you can hook up 4 speakers to the 400.4. Look on page 15 and 17.

http://www.polkaudio.com/downloads/manuals/car/Polk_AmpManualC400.pdf
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2005
    one speaker to each channel dude. :)
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited September 2005
    Make sure you didn't push in the "Polk EQ" button. That'll make it sound bad if you're trying to run four full range speakers.
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2005
    what's the "polk eq" button do? is that the preset crossover deal so you can bi-amp the components and it just auto-sets your crossover and / or gains or something ??
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Its basically adds boost to both low end (9db at 40 HZ) and high end (10 db at 10 KHz). It only works when you have the low or high pass filter on so if you use the Pre EQ with the high pass you get the high end boost and the low boost is filtered out and vice versa.

Its a pretty smart idea if you ask me. They get 2 different EQ's out of a single circuit.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    edited September 2005
    whoa - snazzy - make up for minor faults in the speaker (well not faults but just natural imperfections) with perfectly placed and leveled circuitry in the amp - and the amp is actually DESIGNED to meet the needs of the speaker...

i'm almost going to pee myself - that's actually pretty cool. i don't think i've ever heard of a manufacturer TAILORING an amp to be virtually dead on perfect for their speakers except when Oz Audio made that 2400 watt monster amp for their wacky sub they had way long ago.

that's really awesome... one more reason to do a "one brand" install in a vehicle... i'm diggin it.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited September 2005
    I just got a C4oo.4...
    still in the box...

I can`t wait to hook it up !

Just waiting on the rest of the package...C5oo.1, 5 1/2, 6 1/2, 6x9`s, and the other sub...I got a 12 , and 2-10`s..

One of the subs was free when I bought the amp...missed the other one by a day , because my order didn`t go through...

I got the 12 to see which way sounds better...2-10`s or 1 - 12"

I`m sure I will be askin a lot , lot , lot of questions when it`s time to do the install

danyrm ,

welcome to the Forum..
    How do you like your amp...so far..?
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool: