Polk C400.4 : Right Amp for the job?

grnmtn4x4
grnmtn4x4 Posts: 1
edited September 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hey guys:
Just joined today but have been hanging around for awhile. I would like to know what you think about a Polk C400.4 for this install. I have an 05 tacoma access cab and the following audio "gear" getting ready for install: Boston Acoustics Pro 60 components for up in the front doors 125 RMS with a stated nominal impedence of 3 ohm, for the back I have 2 Elemental Designs EU 700s Dual 2ohm rated at 150 RMS because I don't want to mount a sub and take away space in the back. I have tacotunes kit for mounting the speakers, I have David Navone's NE 774-V adapter for line out from the factory head unit which I am keeping for now. The amp says it is rated at 75watts x 4 at 4ohm. Will this be a good set up with the speakers I have chosen? Is there a problem with the BA speakers being 3ohm and the EU being 2ohm - I was going to put them in series to make them 4ohm. I don't want a second amp again because of space and of course money. I am new to this so any comments are certainly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers, Brad
Post edited by grnmtn4x4 on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited September 2005
    dont hook anything up in series, just straight wire everything, 1 speaker per channel
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • zgw8
    zgw8 Posts: 78
    edited September 2005
    Those Bostons are nice although I would have gone with the MMC6500s and the access cab sub box in the access door. The Polks sound better and cost far less IMO. A Polk 8" would fit nicely in the access door sub enclosure.

The Polk amps are very underrated. I think it is stated that the 400.4 is 75 watts/channel but my birthsheet shows 95/channel.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    No problem with the BA being 3 ohms. That amp will handle 2 ohm stereo all day long so 3 ohms wont be a problem.

Now if each of your subs have duall 2 ohm voice coils then you wire each one in series and thatll give you a 4 ohm load per sub. Wired in parallel is 1 ohm per sub.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D