Where to buy used car audio?

gwh
gwh Posts: 1,451
edited September 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Where is a good place to find used car audio gear on the internet? I’ve done a search with Google and wasn’t to impressed with the offerings. Where’s the Audiogon of used car audio?
I always browse the Flea Mkt. area of Club Polk for home audio needs, but used car audio gear seems to be lacking there.
PBD put together a nice little shopping list for my daughters car, and I would like to find some or all of it gently used.
Linky

Thanks,

G
HT:
Martin Logan Motion 40
Martin Logan Motion 50XT
Emotiva Airmotiv E2
SVS SB16 Ultra
Def Tech Reference Sub
Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
Post edited by gwh on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited September 2005
    Ebay would be my first stop.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited September 2005
    I have gotten a few things on there. Ebay is a great place to buy and sell stuff. Just make sure you follow your gut feeling. I buy from people with a good amount of positive feedback.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • gwh
    gwh Posts: 1,451
    edited September 2005
    I’ve found a few sellers there that seem to have all the Polk's I’m shopping for at a decent price.
    If they will combine shipping I might be in business.

G
    HT:
    Martin Logan Motion 40
    Martin Logan Motion 50XT
    Emotiva Airmotiv E2
    SVS SB16 Ultra
    Def Tech Reference Sub
    Yamaha RX-A3070

Signal Cable speaker wires & interconnects.
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited September 2005
    used car audio is a little sketchy...

if you find some guy or gal who has had an item for a while and is only getting rid of it because they are upgrading, then you probably are fine.

but when people say retarded stuff like "oh i just didn't want it anymore, it was too high end for me, etc etc" or they just "aquired" it somehow, someway (read as: stole, got it at a flea market and have no idea if it works, etc etc) then it's a living nightmare.

ebay is great ... wholesalers selling things "new in box" at rock bottom prices is always good. and the occasional dude who is just selling his old gear that still works.

www.ikesound.com is a "closeout" type of online store - if its last year's model, or hte year before, or the year before that and you want it brand new in box for 1/3 to 1/4 of what it would cost new, then ike sound is the place to go. they don't have any polk though, but just in general, it's a good place to shop. lots of FACTORY refurbished amps (as opposed to being refurbed by Joe Schmoe from Co-co-mo) for dirt cheap.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge