SRS 1.2 (non-TL) on ebay

Options
tugboat
tugboat Posts: 393
edited August 2005 in Vintage Speakers
If anyone is looking for a pair of 1.2s, here's a link to the ebay auction. Going by the silver domes and year purchased, they're not the TLs. I'm tempted to bid on them, but not sure how they would work in a HT setup with my 1.2TLs up front and them in the rear. Thinking it wouldn't work properly with the SDA effect. Anyone know if using them for side surrounds in a 7.1 setup would work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/POLK-AUDIO-SDA-SRS-FLAG-SHIP_W0QQitemZ5803315322QQcategoryZ71571QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Driver carries only 20 dollars in ammunition

Pedestrians have the right of way, unless they are in the way
Post edited by tugboat on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    check out this link i started in the flea market.

SRS
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • tugboat
    tugboat Posts: 393
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Thanks! I never even looked in that forum before I posted. Oops.

So from reading that thread, is it at buyer beware situation? Is it more of just the seller being an ****, or questionable goods?

Thanks and sorry for the double post. I'll check the fleamarket forum first and put such posts there. :)
    Driver carries only 20 dollars in ammunition

Pedestrians have the right of way, unless they are in the way
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Tug,

Those are SDA SRS's, not SDA SRS 1.2's. Having said that, I don't know how they would sound in a HT set up. FYI, the SRS's are 4 ohm loads while your 1.2TL's are 6 ohms, besides that they are very different speakers.

As far as the seller, I don't really remember much about him except he was a a$$ and wasn't here very long, like a day or two. In my book, that means stay away.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk