Polkie Needs Some Help

Options
canadianicon25
canadianicon25 Posts: 200
edited August 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hello all,

Could someone please help me with a couple of things.

1. Could someone tell me what model of tweeters theses are ?
2. Could someone tell me what I should replace them with?

There should be 3 pictures showing: entire speaker, front of tweeter and back of tweeter.

Any help you could provide would be fantastic!!!
Post edited by canadianicon25 on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited August 2005
    Options
    That would be a peerless built SL1000. And replacing one will require a little coercing of the cabinet. What kind of driver did you use to replace the midbass woofer?
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited August 2005
    Options
    If the tweeters work, I'll buy them.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• canadianicon25
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I would sell these tweeters but I need to find some replacements first. Both the tweeters have small holes (can see in pics) in the middle of the dome material. Don't know if that is any concern to you.

Could you also tell me what tweeters were spec'd for vintage M10's? They look like they are silver in color. Found a set on ebay; was thinking that they would probably fit, but if there are a very different tweeter the sound will probably be quite off.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I'd love to buy your tweeters, but why do you want to replace them? The only replacement is the RD0194-1 available from Polk and it's a bit oversized, so you'd have to enlarge the opening.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• canadianicon25
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I want to sell them because they sound a little funny. They aren't clear sounding; fuzzy. I thought it was the tweeters. Maybe it's the x-over, maybe it's because the speakers are 30 years old. I dunno.

Where can I find some info on the RD0194-1 tweets. Is there a link somewhere on the Polk site?