Speaker spacer material????

zgw8
zgw8 Posts: 78
edited August 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just received a very nice spacer kit for my '05 Tacoma. The spacers are made of bomber nylon. I have since read that using these could cause resonance issues? Any comments?

Here is a picture http://shop.tacotunes.com/displayProductDocument.hg?productId=16&categoryId=1

They will certainly be weather proof and last forever.

Thanks,

zgw8
Post edited by zgw8 on

Comments

• wlrandall
    wlrandall Posts: 440
    edited August 2005
    Bomber nylon? Never heard of it. Looks like plain white nylon to me. Could also be made out of Delrin, it has the same appearance.
  • zgw8
    edited August 2005
    wlrandall wrote:
    Bomber nylon? Never heard of it. Looks like plain white nylon to me. Could also be made out of Delrin, it has the same appearance.

Thanks but that didn't answer my question re resonance and if it is a concern.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited August 2005
    Just put a little dynamat or fat mat on it.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Thug's right. If youre concerned with resonance, slap dome Dynamat over the top of it and mount your speaker to that and thatll cover it.

However, the best baffles are still made out of wood. You may want to run down to Lowes and grab a sheet of 1/2" plywood (birch is my favorite) and cut out a baffle and then cover the top with Dynamat and youre guaranteed of no vibrations.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • zgw8
    edited August 2005
    This stuff is solid nylon/delrin. The guys at the local installer thought they looked awesome. They were going to start stocking them. Psyched!