Wiring kits? Knukoncepz, DAXX, Stinger?

zgw8
zgw8 Posts: 78
edited August 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Looking for a complete kit (or close to it) to wire up my new system. Don't care so much about price. Daxx looks pretty nice. Have heard good things about Stinger. Any comments?
Post edited by zgw8 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    If its a major name brand I would trust it. I usually run down to Circuit City and pick up one of their Tsunami kits. Knukonceptz is an excellent choice. Quality wire at great prices.

Another cheap way to go is WalMart or Pep Boys. WalMart has some Scoshe wiring kits with 4 guage wires AND RCA's for like $20! Pep Boys has Lightning Audio kits for pretty cheap as well. But for me, Ill stick to Ciruit City and Tsunami.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dnewhous
    dnewhous Posts: 42
    edited August 2005
    Streetwires is another high quality brand.
    Daniel L Newhouse
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2005
    stinger and lightning audio power cable can usually be had more cheaply than other brands

lightning audio wire terminals are the cheapest i have ever seen - four 4 awg ring terminals for $3 at sounddomain.com that's fantastic.

streetwires makes a wonderful RCA cable... the ZN3.5's and 6's are very good choices. the price isn't cheap, but its worth it for a quality cable. ... i ended up doing Esoteric (parent of Streetwires) A3's throughout my truck. cost me a fortune, but worth it.

stinger dream series are also very very very good cables...

lightning strike series are good economy cables... nothing to write home about, but they get the job done in moderate systems.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2005
    knukonceptz is the ****...trust me
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    I agree. Knu is very hard to beat. They have excellent quality (from what Ive heard, Ive never seen them in person) and since theyre factory direct, they have outstanding prices.

Once I get my system buttoned up I think Im going to upgrade the cables and Ill probably go with Knu.

Ill stick with Radio Shack for my speaker wire tho. I like the flat wire. Its much easier to snake thru all those pain in the **** places in a car. 50' of 14 AWG for $20.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2005
    Try 1,000 feet of 16 gauge at 45 dollars.

or 30 feet of 12 gauge at 4 or 5 bucks.

how they ask? i bought up around 3 grand retail worth of wire for around 350 bucks. i've got 4 / 8 / 12 / 16 gauge spools stacked up in my attic.

it's enough to last me at least 10 years.

i just wish they had 0 awg at the time too.

batards.

it's all esoteric / streetwires except the 8 gauge, that's "mtx thundercable" or whatever the hell it used to be called.

... and no i'm not giving any away. its my pot - o - gold dang nammit.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge