JVC reciever, factory cd changer

hellohello
hellohello Posts: 428
edited August 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
my friend just purchased a new jvc headunit for his car and he wants to hook up the factory in-dash 6 disc to it, Its a 98 chrysler cirrus and the radio is a kds51
Now i looked around on jvc's website, found this
http://www.jvcservice.com/store/ProductDetail.asp?part=KS-U15K
but i dont think its what im lookin for.
I looked on crutchfield/sounddomain/onlinecarstereo, but all they have is alpine adaptors for factory headunits... so does such an adaptor exist, or is he SOL?
oh, and in case ur wondering, im the go-to guy when **** dont work/someone needs info, so thats why i have all these crazy questions, because there are some things that even I dont know :D
Picking ones nose signifies a strong sense of self discovery :)

System in the works: ;)
PP 6V6 with 12ax7 pre ~ 20 watts
15" Jensen MOD 8ohm ~ 97db SPL
DiMarzio HS3 and/or Tone Zone S
Post edited by hellohello on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    If Im not mistaken, arent in dash CD players part of the OEM head unit? If you take it out you will no loger have the changer...I think.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2005
    you got that right MacLeod.

Rule #1 - Friends don't let Friends Ghetto Rig.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • hellohello
    hellohello Posts: 428
    edited August 2005
    well, its a seperate part than the radio but ur saying that its not possible to use the cd changer unit with the new radio?
    Picking ones nose signifies a strong sense of self discovery :)

System in the works: ;)
    PP 6V6 with 12ax7 pre ~ 20 watts
    15" Jensen MOD 8ohm ~ 97db SPL
    DiMarzio HS3 and/or Tone Zone S
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2005
    it's unlikely... concievable, but unlikely... take a look at the adaptors and the plugs on both units, see if it looks like it'd match up...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Screw CD changers anyway. Unless its a 500 CD changer its more trouble than its worth. My wife has a 5 disc in dash changer in her Tribute and we drove it to Ohio a couple weekends ago and it wasnt long I was sick of it. Those 5 CD's got old and its a pain in the **** to get them out. You always wind up ejecting the one you didnt want to eject. I like to keep things simple and use a single cd player.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D