Help w/subs and amp choice

yfzjen
yfzjen Posts: 4
edited August 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Man I am gettin all kinds of conflicting answers on this. I'm leaning more towards what the enclosure builder is telling me since everyone says he's pretty knowledgeable, but then I read something else and it gets me thinking when I shouldnt.

Here's what I had in mind. 2-8" MM2084DVC subs($89.95ea) and the Polk C300.2($140.00) amp to run them. He specified to be sure and get the dual 4 ohm and he would tell me how to wire them. Is this a feasible setup that will still sound good or should I rethink? Box should be coming soon so I need to figure out the sub and amp situation SOON! Too many #'s for me to figure out with amps, ohms, loads, mono this and that, RMS vs peak power, can someone enlighten the audio incompetent here.
Post edited by yfzjen on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Yup, thatll work just fine. Your box builder is right on the money.

With each sub having dual voice coils the amp will think its running 2 speakers per channel and deliver its 220 watts x2 which will be near perfect wattage for those sweet **** subs.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • yfzjen
    yfzjen Posts: 4
    edited August 2005
    THANK YOU so much. I just talked with him again and assured me on how to wire them and would sound awesome. Thanks for your help too!