Md Polkfest - Information Thread

Options
dorokusai
dorokusai Posts: 25,576
edited February 2006 in Gatherings & Special Events
THIS EVENT IS COMPLETE - *DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD*

The MD POLKFEST will be held on Friday, September 16th 2005, 1130-0500 @ Polk HQ in Baltimore, MD and Saturday, September 17th 2005, 1130-0000 @ Dorokusai HQ in Damascus, MD.

Polk Audio HQ
5601 Metro Drive
Baltimore, MD 21215
(800) 377.7655
(410) 358.3500
www.polkaudio.com

Dorokusai(Mark) HQ
Damascus, MD

www.mapquest.com

Please email me directly for my personal address, for Saturday, only if you are attending the event. Damascus, MD is <45 minutes from Polk HQ. It is in between Mt. Airy, MD and Germantown, MD on Route 27(Ridge Road).

I would like to get confirmed RSVP's locked down by September 1st 2005 but if you have ALREADY committed to the events, drop me a line now with your itinerary and or travel confirmations.

I will compile a list of attendees and their respective time tables, in email format, to assist those that need some help in travel arrangements. This will hopefully help some folks coordinate the lodging for potential groups and/or rental car cost sharing.

PLEASE CONTACT ME DIRECTLY WITH ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS EVENT. I will respond in a timely manner.

The following posts will contain direct information about the Polk gathering in addition to actual travel information.

I will update information WITHIN the body of these responses to cut down on the amount of posts in this *sticky* thread.

Thanks for reading and see you in Maryland! :D
CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
Post edited by dorokusai on

Comments

• dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    AIRLINE FLIGHT INFORMATION:

There are three(3) major airports to choose from in the area. I will list them from BEST to WORST choice in regards to the logistics of MD Polkfest 2005.

Baltimore - Washington International (BWI) This is an excellent airport and is always my choice for travel in the CONUS. It's 20 minutes from the heart of Baltimore, MD.

Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) This airport has come a long way in 10 years and has also revamped access to and from the terminals. It's 3 miles from the heart of Washington, DC.

Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD) This airport is not exactly convenient, ever, and has a bad reputation for long wait times. I would only choose this airport if the ticket was really cheap.

www.hotwire.com
    www.travelocity.com
    www.cheaptickets.com
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    LODGING & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION/ DISCOUNT CODES:

Hedy Klopfer(Polk Audio) organized support for our event thru the Hilton Corporation.

"Anyway Hilton finally finished the link for me and here it is. It will allow those who are interested to book a room at a local Hilton which is within about 3.5 miles from our building at the Polk corporate rate. Our sales guys usually stay here when they are in town. In addition to being close to Polk, it's right at the Baltimore beltway and offers easy access to downtown or other desired highways.

http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/private_groups/pikhihf_pok/index.jhtml

Give it a look and let me know if you have any questions or problems with the site. It's a new feature Hilton has just started using. - HEDY"

Here are a couple websites that often have good information:

www.travelocity.com
    www.hotwire.com
    www.easyclicktravel.com (Username: corp - Password: perks)

Discount Codes:

Travelodge/ Super Eight/ Ramada/ Days Inn/ AmeriHost/ Howard Johnson - Offer Code Corporate ID: 60955

Alamo Rental Car - To redeem your discount, be sure to enter Contract ID 648687. In addition, you may also use the $15 off coupon (see details on next page) by entering coupon code DB30.

National Rental Car - Be sure to request Contract ID 5436566 at time of reservation.

NOTE: You may also want to PM "Warlocks1", a fellow Polkie, about rental car information. Jeff is the area manager for the DC/Baltimore Metro area
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Polk Hq Tour - Schedule

Agenda per Paul Dicomo:

10:30 - 12:00 - Facility Tours. We'll take groups of 6 as they arrive. Last tour starts at 12:00, ends at 1:00 so those latecomers will be a little late for lunch

12:30 - 2:00 - Picnic. Food. Mingle.

2:00 - 5:00 - Demonstrations of new and prototype products. Feedback sessions.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Dorokusai HQ Demo Lineup(Static)- My home is not huge, but I have planned to set it up as 4 individual listening areas. I know the demo's outnumber the idea but beings that a few of them involve small components, e.g. Demo # 3/4/5....they will be in the same room. It's not so imperitive that you hear the small rigs but I wanted to keep everyone busy and occupied. F1Nut(Jesse), Hoosier21(Russ) and Russman(Russ) will be in control of the main demo's. The only thing members are authorized to touch is CD's :D If you have a request for changes in actual equipment, it will be through one of those individuals only. I mention this because my Anthem pre-amp was blown up at SC Polkfest due to an unknown action and I wish to avoid this here.

Demo #1
    • Magnepan 3.5R/ Polk Audio SDA SRS 2/ Polk Audio SDA CRS and CRS+/ Polk Audio RTA12C
    • SVS 25-31PCi Subwoofer
    • CTC BBQ Amplifier
    • Cary Audio SLP-2002 Tube Pre-Amp
    • Sony SCD-C555ES CDP (SACD)
    • Bright Star Audio Little Rock/ Air Mass/ Big Rock
    • Adona Corporation System Rack
    • MIT Shotgun S3 Interconnects
    • Signal Cable Power Cords
    • PS Audio Juice Bar

Demo #2
    • Mission Argonaut/ Polk Audio RTA8T/ Polk Audio Monitor 50 Loudspeakers/ Polk Audio Monitor 10
    • Antique Sound Labs Wave 20 Tube Monoblock Amplifiers
    • Radii MPP-08 Tube Stereo Amplifier/ Phase Linear DRS-250 Integrated Amplifier
    • Anthem Pre-2L Tube Pre-Amp
    • NAD C540 CDP/ Phase Linear 9500 CDP
    • Adona Corp. System Rack
    • Audioquest Interconnects(TBD)
    • Signal Cable Magic Power Extension Strip

Demo #3
    • Denon Personal Component System UD-M50 w/ Mission MS-50 Bookshelf
    • Interconnects(TBD)

Demo #4
    • Cambridge Audio Azur 640A Integrated Amplifier w/ Mission MS-50 Bookshelf
    • CDP(TBD)
    • Signal Cable Interconnects

Demo #5
    • Consonance Cyber 20 Headphone Amplifier
    • CDP(TBD)
    • MIT "Original" Interconnects
    • Sennheiser HD580 heaphones w/ Cardas Cable Upgrade

Demo #5 Home Theatre
    • Polk Audio RTi Series - Rti38/ CSi40/ FXi30
    • SVS PB12-ISD/2 Subwoofer
    • B&K AVR 317 AVR
    • Denon DVD-3910 DVP9 (DVD Audio/SACD)
    • Polk Audio XRt12 - XM Radio Tuner
    • IKEA System Stand :D
    • Signal Cable Interconnects 100%
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    SPECIAL GUEST INFORMATION:

Frank Dai, owner of Signal Cable will be attending both days and is looking forward to meeting some Polkies. Frank has supported the Polk forum, ala Russman, for a VERY long time. It will be great to finally get to meet him face to face.

Paul Lemanski, owner of Adona Corporation will also be checking both events out and will have some of his stands on display at the event on the 17th, in Damascus, MD. Paul is a local fabricator and the work he produces is abolutely stellar. He is also manufacturing a new, stock replica of the SDA CRS speaker stand. The stands and more information will be on display at the event.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    FOR SALE/ TRADE LIST:

DAHLQUIST DQM-9 Loudspeaker (Oak)
    DENON DR-M3 Cassette Deck (Silver)
    DENON DCD-610 CDP (Single) *SOLD*
    POLK AUDIO SDA CRS Loudspeaker (Walnut)
    POLK AUDIO SDA SRS 2 (Walnut)
    POLK AUDIO RTA8T Loudspeaker (Oak)
    PIONEER DT-530 System Timer (No, not that one George)
    SONY CDP-215 CDP (Single)
    SONY CDX-400 CDP (400 Disc)

This is just what I have, alot more is coming up with the traveling members. BRING SOME MONEY! Their will be alot of really good deals available.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Current Attendees(Confirmed):

Amulford (Anthony)
    Beardog03 (Robert) +/- 1
    Beekyman (Ervin)
    Bert26
    Cfrizz (Cathy) +2
    Dagljam (Dave)
    Danger Boy (Al)
    DisneyJoe7 (Steve)
    Dorokusai (Mark)
    F1Nut (Jesse)
    Hoosier21 (Russ)
    Jstas (John) +/- 1
    Macleod (Aaron) +1
    Madmax (Chuck)
    Mazeroth
    Nadams (Noah)
    Neomagus00
    ND13
    Jdhdiggs (James)
    Jtgranby (Jim)
    Ohskigod (Lou)
    Philipeif
    Polk65
    Poweredbydodge (Vince) +1
    RichG (My Dad :D)
    Russman (Russ)
    Shadowman
    Spwuinmk67
    Reeltrouble1 (Ted)
    TroyD (Troy)
    Warlocks1 (Jeff)
    WWaldecker

36+

The count is not including my Sprint/Nextel work associates, Polk Audio fans/owners, which is about 6 individuals. (Gilbert/ Artie/ Ervin/ Jason/ Bob/ Rick)
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I was just thinking about Polkfest today while driving around on my route. Not only was I enjoying the memories of what was one of the coolest experiences of my life but also not believing that its already been almost 6 months since this went down! Man these last couple years have been a blur.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • dorokusai
    edited February 2006
    Options
    I'm glad they are a blur.
This discussion has been closed.