The Movie Doom Trailer - ITS HERE!

Options
VR3
VR3 Posts: 28,050
edited August 2005 in Video Games
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/doom/trailers.php

Looks like it might have a chance of being good ;)
- Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
Post edited by VR3 on

Comments

• tecmo04
    tecmo04 Posts: 421
    edited August 2005
    Options
  • LiquidSound
    LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Remember the first doom. I don't remember what they were called, but those critters that were pink, the width of a fridge, and slung out teeth and a snarl like it was nobodys bidness..I wanna see those. :eek:
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's
    Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Those are called Pinkies.

I am looking forward to this one, especially after I played and beat Doom 3 on pc.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited August 2005
    Options
    This sounds scary.

No offense or anything, but, does Doom really even have much of a plot? I mean, I know they tried to throw one into D3, but still...
  • Joey_V
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Plot or not plot, Doom3 was a scary game. I liked playing it in the dark especially.

Movie has to have a plot though... we shall see how this turns out.

Excited I am!
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Nope. Thats the great thing about Doom. No stupid plot or puzzles. Lots of monsters, lots of health packs, lots of ammo, go kill em!

Im sure theyll ruin this just like they did the Resident Evil movies but Im holding out hope. I do like The Rock. He's a horrible actor but a good action hero.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • VR3
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Atleast ID Software has alot to do with the movie - so it has a fighting chance...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I bet I'm the only one on here, but I really didn't get into the game all that much. It wasn't a bad game, but I was a little let down with all the hype leading up to it. I heard so much about how scary it was and people having nightmares and all that - just didn't happen for me - and I played several hours in the dark - I finished it in a few days. It wasn't bad, just a bit over-hyped IMO.

Having said that, this looks like a cool movie - and is one I'll own when it comes out.
  • VR3
    edited August 2005
    Options
    The game didnt do to much for me either - but still looking forwards to the movie like you...

The game just gets to be to much of the same after a while...
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Doom 3 isnt as good as the first Doom. That was the one that started it all. For me it was the PS1 version. I consider that to be the best game EVER and virtually perfect, for my tastes anyway. It was creepy, had an outstanding soundtrack, great action and controlability, plenty of fighting, plenty of supplies, minimal puzzles and great ambience. I still play it all the time.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • VR3
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I played Doom 3 are near reference level when I first got it - HUGE mistake...

I got up shaking so badly for a couple of hours... I was shaken so bad...in the dark...

Woo... if the movie can capture half the scare - I'll be impressed...
  • Joey_V
    edited August 2005
    Options
    Sound + Dark = SCARY when it comes to Doom 3.
  • MacLeod
    edited August 2005
    Options
    I played Doom 3 are near reference level when I first got it - HUGE mistake...

I got up shaking so badly for a couple of hours... I was shaken so bad...in the dark...

Woo... if the movie can capture half the scare - I'll be impressed...

It got me too! I first played it at night thru the surround sound and lights off and it spooked me several times. I jumped off the couch more times than I can count. Especially hearing something but cant tell where its coming from then turning around and its right behind you.