Website Reference Feedback

LiquidSound
LiquidSound Posts: 1,261
edited August 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
This is your chance to help me streamline the reference threads. Critique on!

I believe this is a Club Polk exclusive. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Here are the links.

Audio Gear *See Disclaimer*

Tech

Installation
Two Channel Main
Receiver - VSX-54TX
Mains - Csi40's
Sub - Spiked Velodyne Cht-8 On Spiked Landscaping Stones

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
Post edited by LiquidSound on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited August 2005
    hmm... here, there's a ton of DIY, much more so than home, and not so much tweaking - wysiwyg here, generally, so perhaps a single DIY thread can cover both those topics... actually, the acoustics section could go in there too, the only information i can see in an acoustics section is a bunch of damping manufacturers...

so those three things in one thread, maybe just call it Tweaks & Customisation... then there's the places to get stuff thread, that's a good one, and perhaps one for manufacturers - who we like and don't and WHY, that's the important bit...

whatcha think?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • LiquidSound
    edited August 2005
    Lumping all of those into one is a good idea. I'll do that. As far as the like/dislike thread, it will turn into a flamefest. No doubt. The bickering that will ensue will undermine the reference quality of the threads. It's a great idea to have input on the quality of products..but this is a reference only thread.
    Thanks neomagus. I appreciate the input. I'll try and get started on the threads tonight. It will take LOTS of work, but it'll be worth it.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

"If you could put speakers in a needle, I'd never see him again..." - My Girlfriend
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    a reference for you:
    www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/dhuston/audioindex.html

it's current as of a couple months ago, when i got really into it - then i wiped my PC and haven't got it all back up yet :)

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    You could narrow most of it down to 3 categories:

-Install (anything related to installing techniques, procedures and equipment)
    -Dealers and retailers (dealers and retailers...duh)
    -Tech (troubleshooting, speaker tech, tuning, amp wiring ect)

Neo is right in that there isnt much you can really do about in car accoustics unless youre going to rip out the interior and build an all custom fiberglass one.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited August 2005
    i was going to do something like this a while back but got way too busy. but here is something that could help
    http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/531337/5
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • LiquidSound
    edited August 2005
    Ok!..so the first part is done. Now comes the tedious nightmare that will be MASSIVE amounts of copy and paste hell. I already did something wrong by posting the install in car audio/electronics when it should have been in fabrication. *sigh* What have I gotten myself into :D
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• LiquidSound
    edited August 2005
    Well, the majority is done! All threads..home and car..are updated. Now on to the fine tuning. I'll see if I can get Justin to help me on that front.

Everybody look through and see if I made any mistakes.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    the descriptions of each thread and the hyperlink to said thread could be put into the same paragraph - they're currently split. you probably don't need the home-related stuff, cause the "on the move" forum should get across the point that this is car stuff :).

combining redundant stuff and deleting irrelevant stuff will shorten the post considerably, which is probably good for a newcomer. are you going to make these sticky?

• LiquidSound
    edited August 2005
    I like the idea of putting the link with the description. I'll do that. Good idea neomagus. As far as leaving home and car links to their respective catagories, I won't change that. I like the idea of having every reference thread being accessible from every thread. Someone may not know that the home side or car side exist if they don't see it. I'll try for the sticky later, I've got some nitpicky stuff that I want to clear up first. I've sent a message to Justin to see what he thinks.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's

• neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    fair enough, i see your point. anything i can help with?

• LiquidSound
    edited August 2005
    Just post some links. That's all I can think of right now.
    Two Channel Main
    Receiver - VSX-54TX
    Mains - Csi40's