Useless tidbits of my plans for next week.

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited August 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Well my last day at work is friday... so next week I've decided to finish my trunk.

tonight I hope to tackle making my door panels look a bit better.
then hopefully the trunk will take me 2 days. I have something sweet planned and I'm not going to elaborate.

Also I need to start a simple fiberglass project next week... any info would be appreciated so I can get a good introduction to the concept.... I think there was a tutorial in C&E a few months back so I may try that.

-adam
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited July 2005
    Try doing a search on here for fiberglassing, cause there is a very good link thats been posted on here quite a few times. My home computer is shot, otherwise I would post the link for you.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/
    THANKS G
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited July 2005
    Thou art welcome, home fry.

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    Thou art welcome, home fry.
    One quick question. I'm not sure If i'll still glas these. I should most likely wait until i get another job here shortly.

But i'm going to hide all my wires in the trunk... i have a MDF floor built right now and i want to raise it a bit to put the wires under and run them up through holes under the amps end caps.

I would like to use like pvc pipe under the floor to make it nice and clean under there incase i have to pull or route any new wires. you think this would rattle (the pvc that is) i have a few layers of carpet and insulation under the MDF floor so I doubt it would rattle against the floor.any input would be greatly appreciated.

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    as long as you damp the pipe somehow, it should be just fine.

• PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2005
    neo - your focus with CAR PC is wicked.

you're one sick ****.

I had considered remotely mounting my laptop screen (gut old IBM 760LD laptop, take the screen, run the lines long, mount the screen on the roof with a drop down hinge, do it all clean and ****, and run my own "music keg" - but that laptop is wayyy to old to handle it. its a damn pentium 1

i would suggest only one improvement.

the main power to your computer -- the YELLOW, RED, and BLACK wires coming OUT of hte power supply are simply yellow = 12 volts... red = 5 volts, and black = ground.

you could get rid of the DC to AC transformer, improve efficiency of power usage by about 30 to 40% and reduce AC interference, by simply running all the yellow's to 12 volts (with a 12 volt voltage regulator so it doesn't turn to 14 when the car starts)... the reds to 12 volt (with a 5 volt voltage regulator), and grounds to ground.

"you can do it my son, i have faith in you. wax on, wax off"

i have a AC/DC in my truck for one reason and one reason only -- use of a power drill, dremel multi-tool, angle grinder, soldering iron, laptop, hair dryer, tv/vcr/dvd, etc when in the middle of no where with nothin but my trusty truck and bed fulla power tools - normally i end up forgetting all the power tools though so its completely pointless and serves no use other than for people to be like "what's that little black box?" - and me to be like "baby, you could plug your vibrator in there if you want, its AC power!"
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    um... you sure you're looking at the right person? i'm fairly confident that i don't own a focus, but i have been known to be wrong about such things...

• PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    the back tail lights looked like focus ZX3 lights... but i suppose most hatchbacks look like that... what kinda car is it?
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    my car's a 2000 Saab 9-3 Convertible (Turbo)... it has a ginormous ghetto booty...

• PoweredByDodge
    edited August 2005
    LMFAO - ghetto booty, eh? hey, some guy like big girls... not my thang, but to each their own.
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited August 2005
    PBD - that fiberglass tutorial isn't Neo's. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • neomagus00
    edited August 2005
    ah, i believe that you are right. yes, i don't have dreads. or glassing skillz.

my car is viewable at cardomain if you want to drool at the booty.

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited August 2005
    Im getting quite a laugh imagining you with dreads. :D

Where is Sid with his Photo Shop?
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D