Got my SDA 2's set up

Options
Spawndn72
Spawndn72 Posts: 453
edited July 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Well, I got them today and got them setup. They had the blade/blade interconnect terminals so I made up a quick and dirty set using 16ga speaker wire and some crimp on spade connecters. They sound great. I am used to the silk tweets so I am going to have to upgrade. These silvers are too bright to begin with, but after you have grown acustom to the silk's the silver coil's are really bright. Anyway everything I have tried so far sounds great on these speakers. The best so far has been "Dark Side of the Moon"
Setup:
Adcom GFA-545 amp
Nad 1600 pre
Dual 704 TT
Pioneer 707 R2R
Pioneer DV-578A Multi-format
Polk SDA-2 Mains
Post edited by Spawndn72 on

Comments

• marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2005
    Options
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited July 2005
    Options
    cool! i got some sda 2b's.. i gotta get my fix daily....make sure the spkrs are close to the wall and facing forward, not angled inward...made a huge difference for me!! shine on you crazy diamond is a great match for the sda's! dark side was actually intended for quad...i think the 30th ann. remaster used the original tapes...gilmour called it a revelation..enjoy!
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Cool. One day I'll own a pair of SDA. I'd really like to hear this crazy soundstage everyone talks about. Congrats and enjoy the speakers.

Maurice
  • sda2mike
    sda2mike Posts: 3,131
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by organ
    Cool. One day I'll own a pair of SDA. I'd really like to hear this crazy soundstage everyone talks about. Congrats and enjoy the speakers.

Maurice

i actually had a bad interconnect for over 2 years..it was made by an, unknown to me, much maligned character on this board...anyway my point is, i was still amazed at the performance of these speakers! i actually thought the sda circuitry was working! then, one day, i saw a thread about how to test if your sda's are functional...after a quick fix, wow!!! talk about being blown away!!! :cool: