LHS Infinity System

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited July 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a 1999 Chrysler LHS with the Infinity System. I have blow the front center speaker and the door speaker (not the tweeter) Have been told that the speakers a 2ohm and that 4ohm would not work. Does anyone know for sure and does Polk make a replacement part?
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    there should be no reason a 4-ohm speaker wouldn't work, it just would be half as loud as the 2-ohm speakers, and thus sound very odd. polk doesn't make drop-in single-speaker replacements, but you can upgrade to a polk coaxial or component set (this is what i'd reccommend, because you seem to already have tweeter spots)... interested in knowing more?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Systems
    edited July 2005
    Yes, I would like to know more. I am interested in replacing the 6 3/4" door speakers and possibly the small tweeters near the windows. Does Polk have 2ohm speakers?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited July 2005
    Should have mentioned that the door speakers and the near window speakers are a component set. If I were to swap those 2ohm parts out with 4 ohm parts how would that sound? Would my rear speakers be considerably louder than the fronts?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    well, swapping out the speakers for a new component set like the mmc6500 would necessitate a new amplifier, so you wouldn't have to worry about how loud the rear speakers are - the fronts would be way louder, even though they are 4 ohms.

polk does not make a 2-ohm speaker that i know of.

you would want to replace the midranges and the tweeters at the same time - it would sound very odd to have mids and tweets from different people, they're very carefully designed to work with each other.

what kind of budget are you looking at?
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited July 2005
    if you just want a replacement, what i would do is go ahead and replace both mids instead of just one. Just go to partsexpress and get a couple from there. I'm sure you'll be able to find some 2 ohm speakers.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it