Mendo Posts: 13
edited April 2008 in Car Audio & Electronics
are Alumapro subs good? what are your thoughts on them
Post edited by Mendo on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    I know very little about them but from what I do hear, they are supposed to be pretty good.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited July 2005
    I've never heard them, but I also have heard nothing but good things about them.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited July 2005
    like 90% of the subs out today. Great for loud bass, couldn't be accurate if you ran a TRU amp on it.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Toxis
    like 90% of the subs out today. Great for loud bass, couldn't be accurate if you ran a TRU amp on it.

I don't know how much different the current subs are from the older ones, but in '98 Jessica's Civic won her class at IASCA finals and she was using two Alumapro Alchemy 10"s. She was more than 30 points up from the second place finsher, so we had no complaints with any part of the system.

The only guy I knew who competed with TRU amps had another amp hidden because one of his TRU amps had problems that couldn't be fixed. So from my experience I'd run Alumapro but not TRU...
  • Mendo
    Mendo Posts: 13
    edited July 2005
    is there a minimum space required for subs? if so what is it?
    i have two alumapro 12" subs
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited July 2005
    I'm not familiar with Alumapro's specifics but box volumes vary depending on model. I highly recommend you find out what model you have and refer to their website or your owner's manual.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    or you can do it the fun/neurotic way and use WinISDPro to model the enclosure :p
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • PoweredByDodge
    PoweredByDodge Posts: 4,185
    edited August 2005
    alumapro makes a nice, quality product, i do believe.

while i haven't used them myself, i've two installs, and i don't know if this is how they are "supposed" to sound, but they remind me a lot of Eclipse Titaniums. the model i was listening to was the "M-15" in both instances. it's a couple year old model though, and things do change with time - for both good and bad. so use your own judgement.

upon further thought... we blew up a pair of what i believe were alumapro components via "pluggin em into da wall" ... but that would kill anything.

as far as Tru-Tech... that company came up from dirt to what it is today - that takes time, effort, and a lot of "broken eggs", so to speak. They're both innovative and original, and i would not hesitate to run their product if i had that kind of money... but, alas, i do not.
    The Artist formerly known as PoweredByDodge
  • 20hz
    20hz Posts: 636
    edited April 2008
    I dont know about all there products but I own the bp-12, bandpass 12"
    basic specs 126.5 db max, tuned at 42 hertz, 95 db (1 meter 1 watt)
    Thats for a single 12" if the other products are anything like this they are awesome!
    Read the reviews audioreview.com
    I stopped building boxes in my car when I got this !
    20hz