Bought some RT35i's..Now, where to put them???

rodneyat
rodneyat Posts: 67
edited April 2002 in Technical/Setup
Well, CC made me a deal I could not refuse today on an open box pair of RT35i's. Now, I am stuck with the ordeal of exactly where to put them. I currently have my FX500i's mounted on the back wall of my home theater room because that is the easiest place to mount them because of the layout of the room. I quickly posted some pictures tonight at: http://home.earthlink.net/~rodney_turner/theater.htm They are really rough but I wanted you to get an idea of what I am dealing with.

You will see that it would not be easy to put the 500i's on the side walls because of the window on the left side of the room. So, tonight I started thinking, what if I mounted the 500i's on the side wall somewhat next to the window and closer to the rear wall? You will see that the challenge the is a beam that could potentially block some of the sound but it may be best option. I would then put the right in about the same location on the opposite wall which would put it above where the door opens to. If I do that, then I would just put the RT35i's where the 500i's are now.

So, my question is...Looking at what I am faced with, do you think this is best solution. Basically, the 500i's would end up being about 6.5 feet up and maybe a little further back than optimal. If all else fails, I could use only one RT35i and put it on the back wall between the 500i's...
Polk RT 800i mains, CS 400i center, FX 500i surrounds, RT 35i rear centers, Definitive Supercube II, Yamaha RX-V3800, Samsung PN58C8000
Post edited by rodneyat on

Comments