New system advise

beardog03
beardog03 Posts: 5,550
edited July 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Waassup Fellas ?
I`m kinda new to this side of the forum, but car audio kinda started the addiction to amplified music , long ago....

I just got a new (new to me) car...94 BMW
It was advertised as a M3
after going over it much more exstensively, I have found it`s actually a 325i in M3 clothing.
I also found out that after I put the deposit down, and went through the bank stuff, the got the car....the little **** took the good tires off and put worn ones on...a problem I have already fixed...

As I started detailing the car I noticed that he took the Focal 6x9`s out and left empty holes with the covers on...
The sound I have been hearing is the stock 5" in the back deck

Long story short...........my boys are lookin for him as we speak, and all will be made right....with interest...

My question is....
I`m looking at Polk c400.4, and c500.1 amps.
Crutchfield has a deal were if ya buy 399.00 or more of Polk stuff, ya get a free 10" MOMO sub free...= 2 orders =2 amps=2 free 10 subs !
I need amps so the free subs are a plus ,but I`m thinkin about getting 8`s, and some 6x9`s to replace the disapearing Focals.

any thought/suggestions on this gear would be greatly appreciated

beardog
Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
Parasound HCA-3500
Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
Jolida JD-100 CDP
Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
SVS PC-Ultra Sub
AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
PS Audio Plus Power Cords
Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
Post edited by beardog03 on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    Since the subs would be going in the trunk, I would suggest sticking with the 10's. I only like 8's if theyll be in the cab with you like in a hatchback or SUV. Plus 2 MM2104's would be a perfect match for that 500.1!

If you wanna go with 6x9's get the MMC690's. I had a set for over a year and think theyre the best sounding 6x9's on the market! Take those and put maybe MMC525 coaxials in the back in place of the stock crap and run all of em off the 400.4 and youre set.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    ditto, though i'd look at components to biamp off the 400.4 instead... and maybe consider 12s, too...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs