Most likely not available in the US....Denon's new stereo gear

Options
Danny Tse
Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
edited July 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Just when SACD is considered a "dead format" ;) , Denon releases its new top-of-the-line stereo SACD/CD player and matching integrated amp. Click on the link for some nice pics of these components, both inside and out.

****56K users beware! Recommend sunglasses due to shiny components****

http://www.avbuzz.com/audio-video/200507/denonsa/index.htm
Post edited by Danny Tse on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I don't have a system worthy of hooking that up to...but that's the coolest piece of non-tube gear that I've ever seen...period.
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Whao....is that integrated amplifier a tube amp?? If you scroll down a bit to where there's a pic of the front of the integrated, it says 'Ultra High Current MOS Single Push-Pull Circuit'. I've only seen 'push-pull' when speaking of tubes. Is this tubes? Or is there something I don't know?
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Whoa. Those are some serious gear. BIG transformers. It's nice to see them use that lighter as reference. Thanks for sharing the link Danny.

Audiobliss,
    That unit is pure solid state. Push-pull design is also used in transistor amps.

Maurice
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I've noticed a lot of Asian products have that bronze-ish look to it. I guess we were content with taking the Euro silver/maple theme :)
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • marker
    marker Posts: 1,084
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Here is the only integrated on the Denon web site:

http://www.usa.denon.com/catalog/products.asp?l=1&c=9

Too much money IMO for what you get. I feel you can do better for the same $$ or less.
  • organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I have black, silver, gold and industrial grey(NAD) equipments and my favorite by far is the gold on my Golden Tube Audio pre amp. I think it's gold, might be champagne or something but it's so sexy.

Maurice
  • Danny Tse
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by bknauss
    I've noticed a lot of Asian products have that bronze-ish look to it. I guess we were content with taking the Euro silver/maple theme :)

I remember when I was growing up in the 70s, all the components were silver. Then black became the dominant color in the 80s and much of the 90s. Now, on most brands and components, we have a choice between black and silver.

About 10 years ago, JBL made a special edition of the Century speaker called "Century Gold"....especially for the Asian market. Hummm....reminds me that Telarc currently sells special gold CDs on their website....yup, those made especially for the Asian market too.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2005
    Options
    The foreign markets have had "champagne" colored gear for a very long time.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I've only seen 'push-pull' when speaking of tubes. Is this tubes? Or is there something I don't know?

"push-pull" don't's gots nothin' to due with tubes per se. It does have everything to do with amp topology (specifically, "Class B").
    All of you having plain-vanilla class AB amps have push-pull pairs (probably paralleled push-pull pairs) of output devices. Those devices might be transistors or tubes.

Just wanted to clarify that...
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by dorokusai
    The foreign markets have had "champagne" colored gear for a very long time.

My old HK seperates, from the early to mid 80s, were champagne colored. I believe someone had brought them back from Okinawa. I got them while I was stationed at Tyndall AFB in Panama City, Fl. Getting rid of those was one of the single most stupid things I've ever done, related to audio that is. I miss them much.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Danny Tse
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by ND13
    My old HK seperates, from the early to mid 80s, were champagne colored. I believe someone had brought them back from Okinawa. I got them while I was stationed at Tyndall AFB in Panama City, Fl. Getting rid of those was one of the single most stupid things I've ever done, related to audio that is. I miss them much.

I remember those.....I was lusting after those, instead of girls, when I was in high school.
  • B3Nut
    B3Nut Posts: 76
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by mhardy6647
    "push-pull" don't's gots nothin' to due with tubes per se. It does have everything to do with amp topology (specifically, "Class B").
    All of you having plain-vanilla class AB amps have push-pull pairs (probably paralleled push-pull pairs) of output devices. Those devices might be transistors or tubes.

Just wanted to clarify that...

Actually, topology has nothing to do with output class as far as that goes. A push-pull amplifier can be class A, AB, B, C (for RF), etc. A single-ended audio amplifier is always run in class A, but single-ended class B and class C amplifiers are common in HF ham rigs as transmitter finals.

Whether an amplifer uses a single push-pull pair of devices or paralleled multiples is a function of desired output power (more devices = more current-carrying capability).

HTH :)

Todd in Beerbratistan
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,050
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Actually, topology has nothing to do with output class as far as that goes. A push-pull amplifier can be class A, AB, B, C (for RF), etc. A single-ended audio amplifier is always run in class A, but single-ended class B and class C amplifiers are common in HF ham rigs as transmitter finals.

You are of course correct and I was of course in space when I posted that. Perhaps I posted it the day I had to take my wife to the airport by 4:30AM!

A "class AB" PP amp operates in class A at low power levels; that's what "AB" means. I guess all that I was trying to explain was that push-pull amps can use either tubes or transistors as their output devices... single-ended, too :-)

Thanks for clarifying my fuzzy-headedness...
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by B3Nut

Todd in Beerbratistan

I am interpreting this as your drinking a beer. If that is the case then your not alone. I had to crack one becasue I think the heat has finally got to my kids.

It has been a cool afternoon playing candyland, reading books and watching cartoons but then my 4 your old is pissed because the one year old was drinking her water. Let me tell you all hell broke loose and now she is in time out and he is eating cookies in the high chair. I unassed the first floor and grabbed a beer then retreated to the Bomb shelter.

sheesh what a day....

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • B3Nut
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Yoiks!

Actually, it's a reference to Wisconsin, I'm out of beer at the moment. :( But I'll get some more soon...New Glarus Spotted Cow, wonderful ale. :D

Todd in Cheesecurdistan (another pet name for WI hehe)
  • B3Nut
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by mhardy6647

Thanks for clarifying my fuzzy-headedness...

Oh hey, no prob...know the feeling. The other night, I had to scold one of the dogs (we don't allow them to have bones on the sofa). I yelled, "Weezee! Get off the bone with that couch!"

My wife gave me a strange glance and laughed... :D

Todd in Beerbratistan
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by B3Nut

Todd in Cheesecurdistan (another pet name for WI hehe)

NOW I can understand that nickname;) I spent some time in Wisconsin designing the Sprint PCS network. Beautifull state for sure but the winters are insane!

1/4twin
    ***WAREMTAE***