pio-deh-p80mp to read hdcd(24bit)

jonathanh
jonathanh Posts: 1
edited July 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
help!!!! with hdcd 24 bit? i have the pioneer deh-p80mp head unit can i hook up the ip-bus -to -rca adapter and run it to a home dvd/cd player that can read hdcd,24 bit audio with inverter? if so how can i control the voltage of the dvd/cd player? please help. or can i change the chip to a burr-brown 24 bit chip or the motorola chip or can that be done?????
Post edited by jonathanh on

Comments

• spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited July 2005
    You can change the voltage with a power inverter. Radioshack sells them, depending on how much power your dvd player takes, or if you want it for other things, like a ps2, etc, depends on how much it will cost. They start at about $40.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    for clarification, he just described how to power the box. most of the home audio gear i've seen has a set output voltage that you can't change, and that's that.

as a note - sure, the dvd player might get 24-bit resolution, but when the HU recieves that signal it's highly likely that it'll downscale it to the normal 16-bit, negating the whole point of the dvd player. call or email pioneer first to make sure you're not wasting a bunch of time and money.

and if you're referring to replacing the chips inside the HU, i'm sure you can do it, but it'll void your warranty in more ways than the human mind can comfortably encompass. caveat emptor.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs