Hifonics ZUES series

2»

Comments

• Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,804
    edited July 2005
    Well, with all the power options and the usual computers for the EFI, ABS, ignition and other management stuff, that 140 amps gets eaten up real quick. If you are pushing a buttload of power out of those amps, you are sucking the power down like a fat kid with a fist full of pixie sticks. Dude, you better get a voltage meter and start doing some research on your electrical system before you start throwing more money at it.

I've said it before, find the problem, fix the problem. It's easier and cheaper in the long run instead of band-aiding it with something silliy like capacitors.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Jstas
    Well, with all the power options and the usual computers for the EFI, ABS, ignition and other management stuff, that 140 amps gets eaten up real quick. If you are pushing a buttload of power out of those amps, you are sucking the power down like a fat kid with a fist full of pixie sticks. Dude, you better get a voltage meter and start doing some research on your electrical system before you start throwing more money at it.

I've said it before, find the problem, fix the problem. It's easier and cheaper in the long run instead of band-aiding it with something silliy like capacitors.
    well... what gets me is this.

the protect light on the remote flickers... yet the one on the amp does not... i'm very lost with this and there is no way in hell i'm spending more than another 200 dollars on the whole ordeal... it's already been way too much cash.

EDIT: Jstas, if i back off the gain a tad more.. and it stops... you think it's fine then? I just can't justify spending more $$$$ on this whenever I have to pay for school and finance a new computer. Oh... and I don't have a volt meter (haha)
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Jstas
    edited July 2005
    I'm not sure what the remote light flickering means. I'll have to dig out the manuals for the remote to the amp at home. I don't use the remote though. It may just be that the remote isn't getting enough juice, I don't know. The manual should say something about it.

• swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by Jstas
    I'm not sure what the remote light flickering means. I'll have to dig out the manuals for the remote to the amp at home. I don't use the remote though. It may just be that the remote isn't getting enough juice, I don't know. The manual should say something about it.
    lol the remote has a protect light on it too...

Protect and a Power light...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Jstas
    edited July 2005
    If you back off the gain and it stops then yeah, it should be happy. Can't be totally sure but if the amp is not flickering then it is getting what it needs to do what you want it to do. You may not have much overhead available but as long as you aren't beating the hell out of your gear, that shouldn't matter.

As far as a volt meter, you can get a decent one for about 50 bucks from Radio Shack or go here:

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=391-040

and grab that meter. It's actually a steal at that prices and is very versatile.

Parts Express is your friend!

• swerve
    edited July 2005
    I guess I should check out if the protect light on the actual amp lights up too… lol. I backed off a tad this morning and it wasn't doing it while I was listening to my kanye west cd… but who knows… it is hifonics…

Also as for the volt meter when I get some spare cash I'll have to pick one up. Rather buy a nice one off the bat then go cheap-o.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • billz428
    billz428 Posts: 45
    edited July 2005
    I Posted a thread about where Hifonics Amp stand in the Amp World before I made a purchase. Not a post on other peoples problems,This is rude behavior.If your amps are giving problems START your on thread. :mad:
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3228763

Life is tough. Life is tougher when you're stupid.
    -John Wayne
  • Jstas
    edited July 2005
    Wow, somebody call the WAAAAAAMBULANCE!

Sorry, I fail to see the issue here. Your inquiry was noted and answered by many long before any issue was brought up about any problem anyone was having. If your question was addressed and answered, what difference does it make what the other posts in the thread are about? I could understand your consternation if the inquiry went unregocnized and there was no information in your thread at all or if someone was riding you about looking into Hifonics amps but nothing of the sort happened. However, there are several posts dealing directly with your question.

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited July 2005
    i have a thoughtful and profound insight to add to jstas's comment -

ditto
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    Originally posted by billz428
    I Posted a thread about where Hifonics Amp stand in the Amp World before I made a purchase. Not a post on other peoples problems,This is rude behavior.If your amps are giving problems START your on thread. :mad:
    R:DFL

funny kid

you are the type i'd like to go off on and get banned... but you already made an **** of yourself so there is no need for my assistance.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited July 2005
    Besides, John has down to an art the ability of putting someone in their place without getting into trouble! :D

If youve got a light "flickering" but notice no noise or effect in the playback Id ignore it! Usually, these lights either come on or stay off. The flickering could be something as simple as a short in the remote.

Youre running a red top and a 140 amp alternator and assuming youve wired everything properly, then there is no way youre running out of juice.

I really dont think your gains are set too high either.

My vote is a short in the remote.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited July 2005
    didn't get a chance to peep the light on the amp tonight... most likely tomorrow or this weekend...
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Besides, John has down to an art the ability of putting someone in their place without getting into trouble! :D

If youve got a light "flickering" but notice no noise or effect in the playback Id ignore it! Usually, these lights either come on or stay off. The flickering could be something as simple as a short in the remote.

Youre running a red top and a 140 amp alternator and assuming youve wired everything properly, then there is no way youre running out of juice.

I really dont think your gains are set too high either.

My vote is a short in the remote.
    cats.vans.bag...