WTB: Cheap Pre and Cheap Receiver

Options
jdhdiggs
jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
edited July 2005 in Wanted (WTB) Classifieds
ITEM 1: Looking for a very basic pre amp on the cheap. Make/model doesn't really matter. I would like to find something in well under the $100 range if possible

ITEM 2: a 5.1 receiver, preferrably with DTS. Low power OK, this is for movies upstairs and won't be cranked and will be driving efficient speakers.

Any help on either of these would be apprectiated!

Added: Loaners would be fine as well
There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
Post edited by jdhdiggs on

Comments

• Mike682
    Mike682 Posts: 2,074
    edited July 2005
    Options
    What price range are you looking for with the receiver?

Mike
    Receiver: harmankardon AVR235
    Mains: polk R30
    Center: polk CSi3
    Rear Surrounds: polk R20
    Subwoofer: polk PSW404
    DVD: Panasonic DVD-S29
  • jdhdiggs
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by Mike682
    What price range are you looking for with the receiver?

Mike

Preferrably under a $100, but would go up to $200 for screaming deals. All in all though I just need a basic HT receiver.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I've got my Onkyo, with 5.1 inputs, if your DVD has the processors built in (how I used it).

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I don't think my little DVD player is that smart/special. I'll check tonight.
  • woodyjacobs
    woodyjacobs Posts: 706
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Hey, just sent you a PM re: a Yamaha HTR5560.
    system 1:
    Athena: AS-F1 mains, AS-C1 center, AS-B1 surrounds, AS-P400 sub, Yammie RXV-730, Rotel RB-976 driving front stage, Samsung BD3600 Blue Ray, Denon DVD2900 for sacd/cd , jbl n24awII on the deck, samsung 40" 1080p lcd

system 2:
    XBox 360 Spherex 5.1 system, HK DVD38, Phillips CDC 926 CD changer, Phillips 32" LCD

2 channel
    NAD 1600 pre, NAD 2400 THX amp, Phillips CDC 926, Linn extra speaks, crappy TT
  • louthewiz
    louthewiz Posts: 581
    edited July 2005
    Options
    www.jandr.com has some htr 5740s for $199.00 on sale on closeout.
    My gear,
    Acer PH530 720P PJ
    100 inch Da-Lite Video Spectra screen
    Yamaha HTR 5790
    Toshiba HD-A3
    Denon 1600 dvd player with sdi out,
    DVDO iSCAN HD+
    Panasonic Dmr E-80H
    Dishnetwork HD pvr
    1 Audiosource amp300 150 wpc Fronts
    1 Audiosource ampone bridged 200 watts powering center
    1 Onkyo M-282 105 wpc amplifier sides
    polk cs400 center
    polk RT400 mains
    Polk mkII back surrounds,
    Polk FX300fxi dipole surrounds
    Velodyne DPS-10 sub
    Klipsch KSW-10 sub.:cool:
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,490
    edited July 2005
    Options
    bump
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • jdhdiggs
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Looks like I'll try the Yammy, now just need to find a relatively small pre...