Holiday weekend finds

Options
hotwheelman
hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
edited July 2005 in 2 Channel Audio
Took my boys out and about today just to get in some father and sons time and found a few pieces of gear on the cheap whilst we were out.

Picked up a decent pair of mirage sm .5 bookshelves, all they need are surrounds and they are good to go. The tweeters are phillips soft dome and I am anxious to see how they sound.

Second item is a H/K 330vi two channel receiver that puts my h/k ht unit to utter shame, hooked it up to the eosones and just could not believe how much better this thing sounds, the bottom end is much deeper and has more control. This ones a keeper.

Third item is a toshiba 5 disc dvd unit. It was having issues and would not read a dvd or c.d. and turns out that after I cracked her open that it was suffering from curious child syndrom, if the drawer gets pulled out without using the button it throws everything out of sync, you then have to remove the tray and realign the gears in order for it to be able read anything. Did not take long to have this one back up and running in no time.

Total for all of this was 10 bucks, 5 for the bookshelves, 2 for the h/k and 3 for the toshiba. Not bad I say. I will post pics when I get the chance. Gotta get some sleep, those boys will wear you out.:D
"Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
"Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
Post edited by hotwheelman on

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Good for you! That HK 330 is part of a long line of great little Model 330 receivers. They go back to the late 60's or early seventies. I've had a few dozen, and have never had one that was failed as an amp or tuner. Plenty with a burned out bulb here and there, but not one that didn't still make music.

It's 15 or 20wpc, probably 20.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Great finds. As any kid will tell you, dads are expected and can fix anything. Way to go.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • hotwheelman
    hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by George Grand
    Good for you! That HK 330 is part of a long line of great little Model 330 receivers. They go back to the late 60's or early seventies. I've had a few dozen, and have never had one that was failed as an amp or tuner. Plenty with a burned out bulb here and there, but not one that didn't still make music.

It's 15 or 20wpc, probably 20.

George Grand (of the Jersey Grands)

George, I have also have a 330b that I intend to restore. It is missing the tuning knob and the fuses are blown in the output stage, have not got around to replacing the fuses to see if it has any output as of yet but I have tested it as a preamp as it has the removable pins and it does a great job as a pre. Is output of this one about the same as the vi model?
    "Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
    "Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2005
    Options
    The 'b' is from the mid 70's, with 15wpc. The 'vi' dates to the late 80's, early 90's, 25wpc, with a bunch of digital goobledy ****.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.