My own little rant

MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited July 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
OK, this is getting ridiculous!

Last issue of Road Gear had a VW bug with monitors in the headlights!!!

This issue of Road Gear has a VW with a big **** monitor in the hood!

:rolleyes: x1000

What is the point in this? I mean I know manufacturers need to demo their stuff and it has to get attention but cant it be somewhat realistic? I mean if youre going to make **** like this why use a car at all??

The Alpine BMW is about the same. Its so far from its original beginning its not a car anymore. Why not just build a soundroom?

When I first started reading these mags youd often see normal installations of normal people and often see SQ and SPL competitors setup's. Im so sick of seeing demo cars with 423 monitors, 43 amps and 1345 speakers!

They dont have to get rid of these monstrosities but at least have ONE "real world" installation every issue! Something that is actually useful to enthusiasts looking for ideas. Cause no matter how much I ever get into car audio I can assure you, I will NEVER want to put monitors in my headlights!

Hallelujah! Holy ****!!!........wheres the Tylenol.
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited July 2005
    I have seen that same VW in a catalog. I totally agree with you on how ridiculous some of the demo vehicles are.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • aaharvel
    aaharvel Posts: 4,489
    edited July 2005
    Chevy Chase kicks ****.
    H/K Signature 2.1+235
    Jungson MagicBoat II
    Revel Performa M-20
    Velodyne cht-10 sub
    Rega P1 Turntable

"People working at Polk Audio must sit around the office and just laugh their balls off reading many of these comments." -Lush
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited July 2005
    I agree 100% Mac!!!! Effin installs that 99% of us can't afford (or desire).

If you see any mags with a new Mustang install (that doesn't include an LCD screen in the floorboard), let me know.
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    Here is a prime example of the kind of stuff I want to see in these mags.

Its fancy and custom but you can still drive it and it looks like something a shadetree installer could actually pull off. This is also a SQ competitors car.

Its an older model 'Stang but still is cool.

This is perhaps one of my alltime favorite installs. Not only has this guy one a bazillion SQ comps with it but its stealth as hell and STILL looks trick! Awesome!

I especially love the sub box. Plexiglass so you can see inside and see the virtually seemless construction.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited July 2005
    well if i'm not mistaken the owner of that VW decided to do that within 2 hours... it was a spur of the moment decision i'm thinking.

sure over the top installs are just that.. over the top... i highly doubt the guy planned on the car being a daily driver, in fact... i think he kept it because it was his first car?

it's been awhile since I read the article but I know the exact car you are talking about....

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited July 2005
    The best utilization of a TV in a car...

Was on my PIMP MY RIDE...

Dudes took one of those old pot smoker vans...

Ripped everything out of the back and put in a wrap around couch and stuck a 40" TV in the back... that absolutely OWNED.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    Thats practical at least. I wouldve used the hell out of something like that. but a 30" monitor in your hood or a waterfall running thru the middle of the car? :rolleyes: