FS: Polk LSI7 and LSI9

Options
Joey_V
Joey_V Posts: 8,518
edited June 2005 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Just like the title says:

I am selling my Polk LSI7 and LSI9 bookshelves. These are in PRISTINE condition! Perhaps 9.9/10 on the audiogon scale. I cant see a thing wrong with my speakers and they come in original boxes, styrofoams, speaker bags/covers during transport (plastic and sort of cloth - I think), manuals, everything!

They are EBONY. The 9s are the new style of LSI and the 7s are the original LSI styling.

Looking for $650 for the 9s.
Looking for $450 for the 7s.
Shipping from 60607 (Chicago, IL).... shipping is actual shipping.

The 9s are about 4-5 months old. The 7s are about 10 months old. I never really moved the speakers around, never dropped it, never hung it on the wall (no scratches on rear plate), never scratched it. They look just as good as when they were brand new. I am original owner.

I have perfect EBAY feedback:
http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/MemberSearchResult
Search for Pinipig524 and Pinipig523.

About 110 total (all positive).

PM me if you're interested, we'll work something out.

EDIT:

NO LONGER FOR SALE.
Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
Post edited by Joey_V on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited June 2005
    Options
    May I ask why you are selling them ?

I am not interested in the sale just curious
  • Joey_V
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Looking to upgrade I suppose.... although I am finding it difficult as to what I'm going to upgrade to.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited June 2005
    Options
    may be a bit steep around here, last few pair of 9's had a hard time selling for 550 -575... FWIW, not to say they arent worth what ya want... but around here? dunno
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • Joey_V
    edited June 2005
    Options
    But these are the new style LSi9. Usually, the LSI9s that sell for below 600 are the older style ones.

Besides, I dont even know which to upgrade to so if I dont get any bites - I might very well stay with the LSIs.

If I really need to sell them, there's always eBay. I can sell for close to my asking there.... just thought it would be nice to offer them here first. I am open to offers though.
  • unbridled_id
    unbridled_id Posts: 179
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Just an observation, but why don't you find another speaker you find clearly superior to the lsi's before you try to sell them. You may find that it takes quite an outlay to acquire what you seek... Didn't I see you on the onix forum checking out some reference 1 speakers?
    The greatest enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Educate me: What is the difference between the old a new style LSi?
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • unbridled_id
    edited June 2005
    Options
    hey zero did you ever audition any of the onix rockets and compare them to your lsi's? I saw you on onix's forurm along with some others polkies... Those rockets do look interesting, but I find it silly when rocket owners say their speakers will "blow away" lsi's when they have not even heard the latter... I also have seen that since the rocket is a direct internet delaer, that their prices cannot be matched by polks which are not sold directly online.. I don't know but I would hazard a guess that the lsi-15 at a price of $1450 could hang with the rocket rs 750 at $1500... I agree with you; a home audition is best and one should really take their time when upgrading..
    The greatest enemy of truth is very often not the lie - deliberate, contrived and dishonest - but the myth - persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.

Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
  • unbridled_id
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Some people cannot get past the fact the polks are sold at circuit city. Polk did right by taking the rti's out of cc. But before they did I traded in rti-38's and purchased rti-10's which are a good speaker.. In fact cc allowed me to go from an rt-10 to a rti-25, rti-38 then rti-10. I tried recently to sell my rti-10's but seemingly wanted too much for them.. I was/still am really enamored with the lsi-15's though I think when they are upgraded they will address some of my issues with their design. I feel that taking the woofer off the side and putting two in the front like the rti's with the pp + so their isn't that strange looking base with the four legs would be an improvement, also extend the wood sidepanels to the top... But for what it's worth I think my rti's with my nad amp sound pretty good..

• Joey_V
    edited June 2005
    Options
    You guys are probably right.... especially you, Zero. Maybe I am being too hasty, afterall, I prefered the LSi9 over all the other speakers in its price range that I have auditioned so far.

I dont know what to do, I want to audition the 550s and the Ref1s and see if I really want to sell the 9s. I wont be surprised if I end up keeping the 9s.
  • Joey_V
    edited June 2005
    Options
    And yes.... unbridled caught me canoodling with the enemy at av123.com. :eek:
  • Joey_V
    edited June 2005
    Options
    If you can’t, then wait. I know those good deals are tempting, but know that when your ready, there will be some speakers for you to buy. They aren’t going anywhere.

You are very correct, Zero. ABSOLUTELY 100% correct.....

I have changed my mind - the LSIs are staying.... these are no longer for sale. :D
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited June 2005
    Options
    I have changed my mind - the LSIs are staying.... these are no longer for sale.
    Good. Now I can say what I've been thinking. Joey -- you haven't heard your 9's yet. Consider getting some decent power behind them and you will be amazed at how much better they will sound.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."