new polk system questions

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited June 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I just installed my new system today 2 polk mm2104 svc's and a polk 500.1 in a fiberglass box built a little over spec it is at .70 instead of .66 my problem is my subs sound like they have to much rattle to them what causes this i only have them turned up just a little bit due to the break in prosses but they just seem like they rattle a little to much. thanks
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• coldrealms
    coldrealms Posts: 46
    edited June 2005
    Question 1) Are they sealed? and question 2) Are they seperated into thier own indipendant chambers?
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2005
    Punctuation isn't a bad thing.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2005
    the enclosure seems nicely constructed (doesn't mean it actually is, though)... if you stick your head back there and move it around, you should be able to tell exactly where the noise is coming from, and then you or us will have a better idea of how to fix it.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    If youre hearing rattling, its construction issues and not the speakers.

Neo's right. Just get back there and try to figure out where the rattling is coming from and then you can work out how to secure it.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D