eD amps??

Toxis
Toxis Posts: 5,116
edited June 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I haven't looked into elemental for quite some time now but I see they're branching out a lot now. Their amps look clean, have impressive stats and are really rather cheap in price. Anyone have any experience with them? Or what about their new subs? I see they got away from the flat pistons. Thoughts?
Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
Post edited by Toxis on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    Not a fan of ED. We had a bunch of ED fanatics start a bunch of crap on here a couple years ago. If I remember right the owner or some other big dog from ED came on here with attitude as well. That and a bunch of complaints of crappy customer service and so ED's not popular around here.

The brawl.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2005
    I forget who makes their amps, but theyre not very good. there subs are decent, but better can be had for the same or cheaper price. their owner is a straight dick weed that has the most shady business practices ive ever seen in car audio, and their liquid sound deadening might as well be spray paint. in short, **** ED.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited June 2005
    I think the amp company that builds them is Avionixx or something of that nature. eD is just rebadging the amps, or they have ownership of that company now.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Not a fan of ED. We had a bunch of ED fanatics start a bunch of crap on here a couple years ago. If I remember right the owner or some other big dog from ED came on here with attitude as well. That and a bunch of complaints of crappy customer service and so ED's not popular around here.

The brawl.

That was kind of interesting reading. Just read a few pages. It was not pretty, and more like :mad: .

Toxis:

If your are looking into good priced amps, take a look at the Alpine MRD-M301 over at Crutchfield (my sister's boyfriend just bought one and it's rated at 382 watts RMS at 14.4 Volts). It is going for $199 and it is from an authorized retailer, meaning you will have a full warranty :). If you have not bought from them before, and if you know someone with a customer referral code, they will knock an additional $20 dollars off of the price (you have to spend $200 dollars or more, but if you need a wiring kit, you are over than), and give the person with the code a $20 dollar credit.

If you do not know anyone who has shopped from them, you can PM me and I will give you mine. If not I am sure many guys here have one.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2005
    I'm very familiar with the Alpine lineup but wasn't sure what people knew about eD. Avionnixx or whatever sure looks to be rather crap to me. But I have no experience to back that up. I have heard a couple systems using eD subs back when they were flat piston and I was extremely impressed but I did hear a rumor they dropped quality when they started going to a concave cone. Glad to know... thanks guys.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.