A serious issue. READ THIS LETTER!

swerve
swerve Posts: 1,862
edited June 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
TO: Polk Forum Members

DATE: June 3, 2005

SUBJECT: The Current State Of The Car Audio Industry and The Influence On The 12 Volt Industry By Napoleon Dynamite.

Dear Polklings:

It brings a tear to my eye knowing that this day has come. But I must share with you the utter crap I have just witnessed. Unfortunately I pulled up to a red light… and look to my right while I was turning up my new kicker speakers and noticed that there was a liger right next to me with a guy on it. He said “nice tunes” and I thanks him for his kind word and handed him a bag of skittles because we all know tasting the rainbow is like totally sweet. Well then he followed me into the parking lot and proceeded to tell me if I bought the new 15” NapoDyna subwoofers it would make my wildest dreams come true… I told him “NO, leave me alone Mister!” but he kept pushing these subs on me… and wow they emit this really low bass you can’t hear but you can feel all through your body. Man these subs rock.

So after talking a little with the guy after my purchase he says he just got his Liger yesterday and usually drives around his van with the 10 8”s in the back. He said he has 22 speakers in there running off his new head-unit called the Pedro-star… I didn’t believe him so he went and got his van. He was back in 30 minutes and man this thing bumped…. So I asked him for a head unit too but he wouldn’t sell me it.. he said the 9000 watts it puts out is totally like way too much power for my Bonneville…. Then he sold me the ligeralt with the HU. This alternator is 900 AMPS and DOESN”T AFFECT PERFORMANCE… Man my systems is bawmpin now… thanks to MTV and napoleon dynamite we got some good gear again.

So whoever is looking for a HU you should get the PedroStar and upgrade your alt with a Ligeralt because it will cost under 50 dollars and most likely was assembled with the finest cow-hide ever… he also had a in-dash equalizer called the Tina-Tune but I wasn’t interested….

Thanks for Reading!
Adam Moore
cats.vans.bag...
Post edited by swerve on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited June 2005
    can i get the number of your dealer? cause you must smoking some really good shite right now... :D
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    actually i'm dying of boredom here @ work. so i thought i would type something absolutely stupid...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • coldrealms
    coldrealms Posts: 46
    edited June 2005
    Thought that was Cody's job :confused:
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by swerve
    actually i'm dying of boredom here @ work. so i thought i would type something absolutely stupid...
    Well you certainly achieved that :)
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited June 2005
    W T F ? ! ? ! ? ! :confused:
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by coldrealms
    Thought that was Cody's job :confused:
    where did you get that idea??:p
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2005
    you succeeded. I think a ban is in order. :p

But seriously, I stopped after the first half of the first paragraph. That was so far from funny, I almost started drooling. Thanks for the attempt, now back to your corner.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    well i wasn't trying to be funny...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by Toxis
    you succeeded. I think a ban is in order. :p

But seriously, I stopped after the first half of the first paragraph. That was so far from funny, I almost started drooling. Thanks for the attempt, now back to your corner.
    you are in MO?
    you know of a music store called The 7th Heaven?

just curious?
    -adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • AustinKP
    edited June 2005
    you are in MO?

just curious?
    -adam
    you asking me? I'm from MO, but I've never heard of The 7th Heaven. Where is it? I'm from the SW corner of MO near Joplin. KC is 2 hours North.

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    noooo... Toxis. I have no clue where this record store is i just know i want to go... it's most likely in the ghetto though.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited June 2005
    Are you talking about Fifth Element?
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    No... it may not be in KC. I go to some hip hop forums and people are always talking about the 7th Heaven... I'll have to check it out for sure. there is all kinds of MO rap albums i'd like to get from some place like that...
    cats.vans.bag...
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited June 2005
    Did he have any caps?:D
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by TrappedUnder Ice
    Did he have any caps?:D
    Man he didn't need it cause his electrical system was already the straungest of all strong!

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited June 2005
    you are in MO?

just curious?
    -adam

It keeps getting closed cuz the dumbass stoned clerks keep telling customers "Yeah, this pipe is great for smokin pot with."
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    It keeps getting closed cuz the dumbass stoned clerks keep telling customers "Yeah, this pipe is great for smokin pot with."
    Are you serious? lolol haahahha so it's one of those stores... right on
    cats.vans.bag...
  • AustinKP
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by PolkThug
    "yeah, you put your weed in there!"

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    polkthug go buy me cd's!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited June 2005
    Originally posted by AustinKP
    "yeah, you put your weed in there!"
    dude, i was going to make this exact same post...damn it, you beat me to it...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Toxis
    Toxis Posts: 5,116
    edited June 2005
    noooo... Toxis. I have no clue where this record store is i just know i want to go... it's most likely in the ghetto though.
    they have a couple locations but the main one is deeeeep in the ghetto (sure it's only KC but it's still nasty as f***). They have another location in Blue Springs MO that isn't as bad but still. Their TV commercials are the most retarded things you'll ever see. Some old redneck buy in overalls talking severely ghetto with his "son" that looks a lot like Ashy from the Chappell show. Total crackhead. They sell music, bedroom decorating accessories (if you're a druggy), "tobacco smoking accessories" as they call it, furniture (basically just futons and they always talk about getting laid on them on the radio), decorative piercings etc etc etc. It's THAT kind of place.
    Never kick a fresh **** on a hot day.

Home Setup: Sony VPL-VW85 Projo, 92" Stewart Firehawk, Pioneer Elite SC-65, PS3, RTi12 fronts, CSi5, FXi6 rears, RTi6 surround backs, RTi4 height, MFW-15 Subwoofer.

Car Setup: OEM Radio, RF 360.2v2, Polk SR6500 quad amped off 4 Xtant 1.1 100w mono amps, Xtant 6.1 to run an eD 13av.2, all Stinger wiring and Raammat deadener.
  • swerve
    edited June 2005
    i don't doubt kc is dirty... i read all kinds of horrible stuff about the bay area...

we just need a music store here without all that jazz with bad neighborhoods and stuff...
    but that ain't happenin seems to how everyone here isn't tryin to be on the come up in the rap industry...

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...