differences between SRS 1.2Tl

mr pete
mr pete Posts: 17
edited May 2005 in Vintage Speakers
Hello,

I have a pair of Polk speakers. They are not the SRS 1.2 TL' s but the model down from them. I found two pair of the SRS's on E-Bay and am interested in wether or not the largest pair warrants the additional money....and specifically....what...if any difference(s) are there in the top of the line SRS speakers?
I would appreciate any insight you could give in this matter.
thanks!

Mr. Pete--->
Mr.Pete--->
Post edited by mr pete on

Comments

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited May 2005
    The lineup from latest to original:
    SDA-SRS 1.2 TL (SL-3000 tweeter) Added smoother tweeter
    SDA-SRS 1.2 (SL-2000 tweeter) Strengthened box
    SDA-SRS (SL-2000 tweeter) Original box design

All about the same size. Some like the SDA-SRS because of it's slight box resonances which seem to accel on acoustic material. All of the three are about the same with the new replacement tweeter upgrade.

A link to the speakers might prove reasonable because you may be describing some other model.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Vegas Dave
    Vegas Dave Posts: 11
    edited May 2005
    How does blade-blade and blade pin fit into this and which ones are bi-amp capable?
  • BobMcG
    BobMcG Posts: 1,585
    edited May 2005
    pete,

Are you talking about the 2.3s?
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited May 2005
    Original SDA-SRS are blade/blade through the third generation with impedance at 4 ohm, later model SRS 1.2 generation 4 and then 1.2 tl generation 5 are pin/blade with 6 ohm impedance, the pin/blade can be bi-amped with any type of bi-amp configuration when using the AI-1 interconnect, the blade/blade older SRS must use a common ground amp. When "biamping" the older blade/blade style you have to use a common ground amp and no bridging scenario's or monoblocks, this is very important.

There are just too many amping scenario's to get into each individual setup, if you want to bi-amp a pair of SDA I would recommend you contact Ken Swauger at POLK CS, he is very responsive and helpful.

RT1