amp/sub problem (weird sound)

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
i have a
US amps 150x amp: 4ohms 250X2 | 2ohms stable 500X1
and a single
MM124 polkmomo sub i hooked it up in a friends car cause ive had this stuff for awhile and everything was great for a couple days. i get in the car and he says its all screwed up, cause he let one of his brothers friends hookit up to another sub 12 inch sub he hooked my stuff back up and now its soundin like its not even hittin its all like rough soundin not even deep. theres barely any bass now so im not sure what happened an i dunno if its the sub or the amp an whats wrong or how to fix it. if anyone could help me out
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• coldrealms
    coldrealms Posts: 46
    edited May 2005
    Prolly screwed up your gains, or changed the wiring setup. When my mm124 gets too much power (before smoke pours out of the magnet) it sounds a little like what you describe.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2005
    sounds like gains, maybe a changed setting on your head unit??
    if not, just go ahead and send that amp to me and ill give you $20 for it;)
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    i havnt checked the hu settings yet but i was screwin around with it for about an hour or so the rca plugins were all **** up so i opened the amp an did the best i could to soder it back. theres no smoke tho, im just stumped how some little **** hooks his sub up to my amp plays with a few knobs an now my **** ****. pisses me off. does anyone know how much it would cost to send it to usamps for a repair if they even do that?
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    ive foundout that he didnt hookup just his sub he hooked up mine an his at the same time an might have wired them all weird like the same sub on the same channel or something idunno could it of overloaded the amp an now its fried or what
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2005
    If he did that and that amp isnt capable of 2 ohm mono operation then its quite possible its fired.

If you have another amp lying around you could stick it in there and see if it plays right. If not then you know youre wiring is screwed up somewhere down the line.

Im guessing tho by the screwed up RCA's that the amp may be the culprit.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Systems
    edited May 2005
    the amp pumps out power tho, i hooked the sub to another amp i got thats 400watts an its sounding the same. i wish i could get like a data test on the amp or something cause i cant really explain how it sounds i just wish i had another sub i could test it on
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing