Mitsubishi's new 1080P DLP

Options
jrausch
jrausch Posts: 510
edited May 2005 in Electronics
I love the new look. What do you guys think?
"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
Post edited by jrausch on

Comments

• thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I have been a big fan of Mits TV's from a 35" tube to the 40" tube and now the 65907. Had great success, I'd be curious to know how much of an improvement you would get with the 1080p. I have an OTA UHF antenna pulling in 1080i. Is there any hardware, ie. Sat Receivers that attain 1080p, or is the monitor upconverting to 1080p? I'd also wonder if there is any stations broadcasting in 1080p natively yet. This is still in its infancy, when I first bought my HD set up, I was only pulling in about 7 digital stations out of LA, but now am pulling in over 30 dig channels O.T.A. of which about 7 have HD content (most of the time)
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I have one of the new Samsung 56 inch 1080p pedestal models in route. I can't wait to see the PQ difference. That Mitsubishi is nice though.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I just wish the 1080p TVs would accept 1080p :(
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • bvette94
    bvette94 Posts: 356
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Nice tv. I have the mitsubishi 55311 hdtv and i like the pic it is incredible. i must suggest that you get a power conditioner. the improvements in picture quality are worth every penny. i would suggest the monster 5100 ss or the hts7000 ss. once you get use to the picture on your tv add one and it will be like a whole new tv. dont forget to post your review once you get it set up. the avia disc worked wonders for mine too. congradulations enjoy.
  • TheReaper
    TheReaper Posts: 636
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by bknauss
    I just wish the 1080p TVs would accept 1080p :(
    Out of curriosity, what do you have that generates a 1080p signal?
    Win7 Media Center -> Onkyo TXSR702 -> Polk Rti70
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by TheReaper
    HTPC
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by TheReaper

Nada as of right now, but as mentioned, a PC can produce a 1080p signal along with the upcoming Playstation 3.

I simply wish all manufacturers would have included 1080p input for future enabling. What's the point of having 1080p upconverting for a year or two when there will most likely be plenty of 1080p pieces of equipment to out there. Seems very short sighted to me to upconvert for a couple of years of better picture quality while handcuffing the possibilities with future equipment.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • thehaens@cox.net
    thehaens@cox.net Posts: 1,012
    edited May 2005
    Options
    WE are going to be stuck with software (DVD's) to get our 1080p out of the future DVD players. I really can't see the stations transmitting 1080p to us in the near future. And frankly, as far as I can tell, (my opinion only) 1080p is only marginially better than 1080i on a well calibrated set. Of course I have only seen the T3 HD on my PC to compare it to...........
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,621
    edited May 2005
    Options
    What's the pricepoint of that Jraush?
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Early numbers show for this diamond series an MSRP of 5k for the 62" model and 7k for the 73" model. The new model includes dual HD tuners and a built in 260GB PVR for 30 hours of HD recording. Their products are very close to Samsungs considering the new HLR series 1080P 61" runs an MSRP of $4500. If this seems out of your price range consider the Mitsu finance programs that run 24 months no interest, no payments one of the best out there.
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,871
    edited May 2005
    Options
    Glad to see BLACK ! I am sick of silver....bring back the BLACK !!