Pairing MM455s with EX365s

hard_drive_j
hard_drive_j Posts: 4
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
At the advice of a Polk dealer, I am putting the MM455s in my front doors, and the EX365s in the rear deck. I'm still questioning the imaging of this setup. The dealer recommended that I don't put the 6 3/4 Momos in the rear, because the tweeter would resonate too much off of the back glass. Which is why he suggested the EX365s. I have both sets of speakers in-hand, and I can definitely tell the quality difference between the two (the Momos and the EX3s). The EX3s sounded great in the store, but will this sound up also sound great in my car? These are going in a '96 Altima by the way.
Post edited by hard_drive_j on

Comments

• hard_drive_j
    edited March 2002
  • hard_drive_j
    edited March 2002
    Originally posted by Kim
    I would suggest using the angled mounting cups for the MM465 tweeters and aim them forward towards the front of the vehicle.
    Option #2... have the dealer install the tweeters on the rear side panels between the back rear glass and the rear doors. If all else fails you could install them flat panel on the rear deck and set the tweeter attenuation level to the -3 dB position. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,
    Kim

So are you saying that I should have gone with the MM465s instead of the EX365s in the rear??? :confused: