Good Job Polk on the new Sub boxes!

PolkThug
PolkThug Posts: 7,532
edited May 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Great looking new car sub boxes! Very solid, with protective grills, and no port noise from the slot. These new boxes make the Kicker boxes looks like they came from K-Mart.

Now that being said, can I change out the db series 12's for something else?

Regards,
PT
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited May 2005
    The Momo's will work in the same box, but it's not going to sound much different. You don't like the db's? Just trying to match an all Momo system?

We're working on the next step- up Momo's so when they come out that'll be a better woofer, but I wouldn't bet on it working in the db212 box...
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by Thom
    The Momo's will work in the same box, but it's not going to sound much different. You don't like the db's? Just trying to match an all Momo system?

We're working on the next step- up Momo's so when they come out that'll be a better woofer, but I wouldn't bet on it working in the db212 box...

I've got a bunch of Polk Momo carbon fiber series mids and tweets that will be going in a badass '06 Mustang. I would like to keep that theme going. If you could make a tough sub that had that carbon fiber look, I would be in heaven (and be very happy that its 100% Polk).
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2005
    i heard carbon fiber subs at 6Hp each
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2005
    i'm not liking this preloaded crap even though the box looks nice.

that's all we seem to be getting at cc is preloaded enclosures anymore... makes me think people are lazy and don't want to learn.

whatever though
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2005
    I dont have a problem with them.

Not everybody has the workspace, knowledge or desire to build their own box and dont want to pay $200+ to some shop for them to build one.

I hate building boxes as well and if they had one that fit my truck like I want and didnt cost $500 like the JL Stealthbox, I wouldve bought a premade box as well.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Thom
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by swerve
    i'm not liking this preloaded crap even though the box looks nice.

that's all we seem to be getting at cc is preloaded enclosures anymore... makes me think people are lazy and don't want to learn.

whatever though

Back when we had subs (not loaded in boxes) in CC years ago they never worked out for us. The MM12 box worked better, but the new box should work WAY better. Do you really want to build a box for every car you work on? If so, CC might not be the best place to be working. When I was at a small independant shop years ago I made lots of boxes, and we would've been better off just selling more JL wedges. My boss never kept much in stock, which led to wasting several hours a day (some days) building boxes...
  • swerve
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by Thom
    Back when we had subs (not loaded in boxes) in CC years ago they never worked out for us. The MM12 box worked better, but the new box should work WAY better. Do you really want to build a box for every car you work on? If so, CC might not be the best place to be working. When I was at a small independant shop years ago I made lots of boxes, and we would've been better off just selling more JL wedges. My boss never kept much in stock, which led to wasting several hours a day (some days) building boxes...

I guess I worded my post wrong. The reason I do not like them is how we were told to sell them. Oh well though I'm not there much longer.

also how you said your raw subwoofers did not do well. I've never seen a full fledged DESELECT demo with subwoofers at any cc I've been to. It's more of a pick and choose game with the customer... the salesperson doesn't demo they try to explain in words what will fit the customer and in all reality all we care about is our numbers. Solution Selling//Getting the customer want they want is ****.

BUT one good thing about the preloaded boxes is they are very loud and that seems to be highly popular in consumer wants.

if our store gets the polk enclosure it most likely will not go on display and if it does it will only have one (1) amplifier hooked up to it.... because we only have one amp for the subs we display... and we don't have anymore room to put up a dual 12" enclosure...

My cc is lame.... I'm glad I am leaving.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    Circuit City is back on track though now that theyre carrying Kicker.

With Kicker and MTX amps and subs and Polk DB speakers, you can once agains build a very solid system even capable of competition!

Im glad cause Im still rootin' for CC. Its been my favorite electonics store for nearly 20 years now and I dont want to see em go under.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • swerve
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Circuit City is back on track though now that theyre carrying Kicker.

With Kicker and MTX amps and subs and Polk DB speakers, you can once agains build a very solid system even capable of competition!

Im glad cause Im still rootin' for CC. Its been my favorite electonics store for nearly 20 years now and I dont want to see em go under.
    you should see our store. our roadshop manager left and now we don't have any manager what so ever to help fix//prep things.

hard to demo **** speakers whenever the wall doesn't work right?

L5 on a sony amp that does 200 watts because that's the only amp hooked up is really **** nice.

The new MTX amps... we have them.... but they aren't displayed.... the MTX sledgehammer 12" boxes... we have them... but they aren't displayed.

the place sucks how can you get just what you needed if you don't even know what they have because half of it is in the **** warehouse?

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, well that would suck pretty bad.

Hopefully that is isolated to that store due to crappy management. I havent been to my local CC in a while so I dont know what theyve got hooked up. Last time I was there tho it wasnt much.

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited May 2005
    My boss never kept much in stock, which led to wasting several hours a day (some days) building boxes...

But he did show you the proper way to build a SWEET custom motorized rack in an Explorer (when it was in his possession) and where the best place to put a supertweeter is.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Thom
    edited May 2005
    The square box for the 8" woofer on the front floor was by far the most custom...

Damn skullet...