Auto Meter D-Pic

PolkThug
PolkThug Posts: 7,532
edited May 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Anbody tried one of these yet? Seems cool if it works worth a damn.

"Choose from 6 different performance measurements:
Horsepower Mode

Calculate peak horsepower at the wheels (whp)
Compare the last recording to your best and realize performance effects of changes in your tune up.
1/4-Mile ET and Speed
Record and view data for quarter mile acceleration. Review 1/4-mile speed and ET
Check recorded peek G's on each pass to optimize your setup
Reaction Time
Practice and record reaction time in 1/4-mile acceleration mode
0 to 60 MPH Acceleration Time
Measures 0-60 mph acceleration times with precision
View peak G's from a run and perfect your tune up for peak acceleration
Compare latest efforts to a saved best, and improve driving skills while monitoring how upgrades affect vehicle acceleration
60 to 0 MPH Braking Distance
Precisely calculate the distance your vehicle needs to stop from 60 MPH
Capture peak deceleration G's and begin to understand braking and traction thresholds
Review and compare the last stop to your best and note how brake fade and modifications affect stopping distance
Real - Time G's
Choose to view forward (front - back) or lateral (left - right) axis instantaneous acceleration G-forces on the LED array and digital display
LED array shows magnitude of G-force
Instantaneous value in numeric digital reading below
Peak memory recalls highest G's achieved both axes (all for direction) during real-time operation."
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2005
    Never even heard of those bro.

Looks interesting tho.

There have been a ton of mini-computers and such coming out lately. I love techonlogy!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited May 2005
    I've seen an older version of that thing, and I heard that it was decent. The newer model is probably more accurate, but apart from that, I don't know much about them.
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited May 2005
    my roommate was looking at something like that on ebay i think...it was going for like $30 or so
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it