chrysler 300c srt8 audio help

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited May 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Currently working a 05 chrysler srt8 with the oem boston acustic 6 spkr + sub audio system. We are reusing the oem radio because of the nav. We have added in a component sys in the frt coaxial in the rear, a 4ch and mono amp. We used line output adapters directly after the oem amp for signal and are having some issues with interferance and sound quality. By sound quality I mean on the rear spkrs only if the balance is centered there is no mid range or low freq. response out of either spkr. But if you balance it to the left or right all the way both spkrs sound like they should. We are also having problems with the front mids having too much low freq. in them even with the amp set to high pass filters. If anyone has worked one of these cars and has any info that might help, please respond asap. I appreciate it in advance.
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2005
    That is weird!

Im not sure what would make a speaker play highs only but when balanced to left or right they work fine. That should have no effect on them. When you turn the balance to the right its only muting the left and has no effect on the right side.

Off hand I would say the problem lies with the speaker level inputs. Those never work right and always let in a ton of noise.

I honestly dont know what to tell you since you need to keep the OEM receiver. I would almost guarantee that an aftermarket h/u would fix the problem.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2005
    pioneer makes a good nav system, too... or if you don't want the screen, there's double-din units that have a built-in screen (albeit tiny)...
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2005
    CCR,

I thinking your priority is wrong, the speaker input to your line converters is wrong / reversed. I believe you can prove this by removing all but one RCA input to amp, if the sound is ok for those speakers then we are on the right track.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    Did you mean 'polarity'?

If so that wouldnt make a difference. Wiring one or more of your speakers out of phase wouldnt make one of them stop playing midrange. All it would do is have those out of phase speakers firing out of sync with the others and would give you some weird imaging.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited May 2005
    Did you mean 'polarity'?

Well yes, sorry to confuse anyone here, but been what he's doing I think it having a larger effect then just phasing. It's a simple error, and could have been over looked.

I'm looking at it this way the factory radio is bi-amp'd so the - / + of the speaker are floating above or below ground. He is hooking this speaker output from a factory radio converter to a grounded RCA Amp line input. He could even have a wrong type of converter that is not taking in effect of this floating bi-amp speaker output.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    I get what youre saying.

The C400.4 has speaker level inputs. Why not bypass the line level converters altogether.