AustinKP

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited May 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
Maybe you bought your sub a little early??? check out the note on ascendant audio's home page and their new pricing while they dump xbl^2
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by exalted512
    Maybe you bought your sub a little early??? check out the note on ascendant audio's home page and their new pricing while they dump xbl^2
    http://www.ascendantaudio.com/
    -Cody
    sounds like they backed down because they knew if they didn't they'd get shut the **** up!

lol j/k

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2005
    this thread may help clear things up a bit. seems to be a case of internet bitchiness on an enterprise scale.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    edited May 2005
    i dunno, from what i can tell it seems like chad got his panties in a wad
    -Cody
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited May 2005
    Yes, I certainly read that. I was kinda disappointed. The new subs will certainly be just as awesome, but I could have waited 3 weeks and saved $45.
    -Austin
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • swerve
    edited May 2005
    RE > All

hands down... no one **** with them because they are simply badasses...
    ahahha

so children... i need to learn how to glass because i have a project for my backdoors...

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2005
    pretty much all of the recent fabrication threads are glass related.

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • AustinKP
    edited May 2005
    so I saw a black Lotus Elise driving today... holy crap they're nice. I couldn't believe it. I actually stopped right next to him at a light. It was very small. Smaller than I thought they'd be from the pictures I've seen. No wonder they weigh so little...
    -Austin

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited May 2005
    They had one of those on Car and Driver Television last week.

Looks pretty cool but I just am sick of tiny little cars.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2005
    hey! you are dissing my realistic dream vehicle!

and i must say i'm sick of huge suvs and trucks that us in our (medium-sized) cars can't see past...

• MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    Thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard.

18 wheelers and big delivery trucks have been on the roads for years and everybody seems to have managed fine.

You truck haters are sure running out of lines.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2005
    no, i can't see past 18 wheelers either, but there's two differences between excursions and 18-wheelers:

1) 18 wheelers perform a useful function, namely moving a ton of **** from point A to point B, which is good. excursions, f-350s etc. generally move one person from point A to point B (note: i said generally, this argument doesn't apply to people that actually haul stuff or people around on a regular basis; i.e. people that use their trucks as they're meant to be used)

2) 18-wheeler drivers are aware of their size and drive accordingly, whereas excursion/f-350 drivers tend to act as though they drive a car, albeit a large one. they pull up too far at intersections, swerve in front of you, and cut you off like any other car, only they're way way more dangerous because of their size. (again, these are tendancies, and people that pay attention to what the hell they're doing don't usually piss me off).

• swerve
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    Thats the stupidest thing Ive ever heard.

18 wheelers and big delivery trucks have been on the roads for years and everybody seems to have managed fine.

You truck haters are sure running out of lines.

I'm sick of minivans. all these goody goody people driving them suck ****... passing in no passing zones... tailgating all the time... running stop signs..

HELLO **** JUST BECAUSE YOUR SON IS AN HONOR ROLL STUDENT AND YOU HAVE A SOCCER BALL WINDOW CLING DOESN'T GIVE YOU ANY MORE SAY ON THE ROAD.

**** dodge caravan... nissan quest... that's some bullllshit. whatever happend to the days when you cram your kids in the back of a geo metro and tell them to fend for themselves... since when does every kid get their own dvd system and headphones... since when does everyone have a seatbelt?!!?!?

just my rant.,..

AWAY WITH THE MINIVANS!
    cats.vans.bag...
  • neomagus00
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by swerve
    ... people driving them suck ****... passing in no passing zones... tailgating all the time... running stop signs..
    yep, women are crazy :)

and i don't mind properly-driven minivans; my dad drives one, cause he hauls 5 people around regularly, and it serves its purpose (without dvds and headphones, i might add :)).

• swerve
    edited May 2005
    that's fine but the next **** who passes me in a no passing zone and i see shrek barreling 90 mph down the road ahead of me in the dvd screen. i'm following and ripping her hair out.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited May 2005
    i drive a truck and dont haul a lot of stuff. sometimes i do but 90% of the time i dont. i drive like i have a car too. i use the size of my truck a lot, but only when they deserve it. i was driving my g/f's civic last week and i let this small suv in front of me b/c they were trying to get on the freeway. he was going slower than i was so i try to get in front of him and he wont let me over. were literally a few inches from each other and i know he sees me. if we would have been in my truck he damn well wouldve gotten over even if i had to do a little more persuading. i started slowing down, he couldnt go around me-i just couldnt get in front of him. so when the car in front of me got far enough away, i hit the gas, got in front of him gave him the bird and was on my merry way.
    f**kin suv **** f*** nuts
    i like to drive a truck because of all the stupid **** on the road. thats why i have a big **** brushguard and a trailer hitch that sticks out a foot behind my bumper, and its come in handy more than once
    -Cody
  • swerve
    edited May 2005
    oh cody... you are such a badass can I have your children?
    cats.vans.bag...
  • exalted512
    edited May 2005
    stfu noob
    -Cody
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    Thats a crock!

Think about this:

I stick you in a puny little Honda Civic and tell you to drive it thru downtown work traffic. Chances are you wont even blink. Youll veer in and out probably while talking on the cell phone and have no problem at all.

Now I stick you in a Ford Super Duty Crew Cab dually and tell you to do the same thing. I guarantee you that youll be 10 times more attentive because its a much bigger vehicle and you know it. You will instinctively be taking more care in your driving because of it.

And **** drivers cause problem regardless of the car theyre in. They had a statistic in the paper about 2 months ago about wrecks caused by SUV/trucks vs cars and it was pretty lopsided. The majority of wrecks were caused by cars NOT SUVs.

Same with 18 wheelers. The National Safety Council relased a study that out of all the wrecks involving 18 wheelers, nearly 85% were the fault of the car.

Bottom line is drive what you want. If you dont like big trucks then thats fine, dont get one. But dont start coming up with all this bull crap about them not being safe because you drive a squatty little car that cant see over a speed bump!

If you want to talk about safety, then we need to get rid of all the squaty little cars and put everybody in a big SUV as theyre much safer!

Hal-le-lujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?

• neomagus00
    edited May 2005
    i perfectly agree that **** drivers are dangerous, not the cars; this is analogous to the NRA - "guns don't kill people, people kill people." the problem is that when a **** driver gets behind the wheel of a civic and crashes into another civic, they both walk away. when that same **** driver is in a navigator, and he hits that same civic, the **** driver walks away and the civic driver is dead.

the statistic you speak of - was it corrected for the number of cars vs. the number of suvs on the road?

and the stat you noted about the 18-wheelers actually supports what i said above, but that's not particularly relevant.

and notice that i'm not advocating getting rid of suvs and pickups - they have their place, just as minivans and 18-wheelers do. a single woman driving an excursion around the city does not qualify.

p.s. when i go into agressive mode, i turn off my cellphone :).

• MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    i perfectly agree that **** drivers are dangerous, not the cars; this is analogous to the NRA - "guns don't kill people, people kill people." the problem is that when a **** driver gets behind the wheel of a civic and crashes into another civic, they both walk away. when that same **** driver is in a navigator, and he hits that same civic, the **** driver walks away and the civic driver is dead.

Thats a load as well. An old lady ran a redlight on me last year while I was driving my 50,000 pound tractor trailer at work and I creamed her. She went to the hospital but had nothing more than minor bumps and bruises.

The truth is, unless its a head on collision at 80 mph, both drivers will likely survive.

An average SUV only weighs 3000 pounds while the average car weighs about 2500. There isnt that much of a difference. Yeah my truck weighs in at 6000 pounds but a Ford Crown Victoria tips the scale well over 5000.

And as far as the ratio of cars to trucks on the road, its about 50-50.

• neomagus00
    edited May 2005
    no, not cars to trucks - there's a lot of 18-wheelers out there, and i know suvs count as 'trucks'... now my curiosity is actually piqued, not just for the sake of argument...

so my car weighs in at (nearly) a typical suv weight - that doesn't prevent you from literally driving over me (admittedly, not a common occurrence), but you putting your bumper or hitch into my head, or your engine block for that matter, is rather more likely. i should note that i'm not talking about the CRV or the rav4 or anything like that, they're just tall hatchbacks. i'm talking about the really big, obnoxious ones...

and that old woman is a damn lucky lady... plus note the part about me liking safe truck drivers :)

and speaking of wrecks, this mp3 is of a guy that left a voicemail describing the scene of an accident... i thought it rather funny...

• AustinKP
    edited May 2005
    man, that can't be real...no driving noise at all. The "rain" sounds more like static to me. Pretty funny though. If it is real, that would make it all the better...

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    Yeah, Ive heard that before. Its hilarious!

Bumper to your head???? My God man! Do you sit on the floorboard? A jacked up 4x4 sitting next to a lowered Eclipse might do it but a normal SUV or truck bumper aint gonna be much higher than a normal car. Hell my tractor trailer's bumper only goes halfway up the door.

Look, small cars are obviously the more dangerous here. Theyre too low to the ground to have any real visibility and theyre so light they can be crushed by a strong wind. Clearly, the car is the one we need to do away with.

And that lady wasnt lucky, I am good. As I was coming thru the intersection, I saw her but I knew there was no way to avoid hitting here so rather than turn into her or keep going straigt, I turned to the direction she was going in so when we hit, we were both going in the same direction so it acted as a sideswipe rather than a broadside. Instead of her going from 55 mph to 0 in a milisecond, we slammed into each other and coasted off together until stopped. Still messed up her car, but I aint too proud to admit I probably saved her from serious injury.

It still shook me up to. Seeing some little old lady pulled out of a car and put on a stretcher tore me up. Even tho she ran the light I still felt like crap. Almost quit driving because of it.

• neomagus00
    edited May 2005
    like i said, i admire a good driver.

and i regularly look into bumpers, and i don't have a particularly low vehicle. my car has perfect visibility around other cars, it's the large opaque obstructions that are the problem; and my car also has a roll cage welded into the body, so i'm one of the lucky ones that stands a better chance of not ending up in a crushed tin can - but those fuel efficient aluminium civves aren't so solid, you're right.

• AustinKP
    edited May 2005
    Originally posted by MacLeod
    And that lady wasnt lucky, I am good. As I was coming thru the intersection, I saw her but I knew there was no way to avoid hitting here so rather than turn into her or keep going straigt, I turned to the direction she was going in so when we hit, we were both going in the same direction so it acted as a sideswipe rather than a broadside. Instead of her going from 55 mph to 0 in a milisecond, we slammed into each other and coasted off together until stopped.
    That is some quick thinking! Don't know that I would have thought to do that. You must have already gone through that scenario in your head beforehand?

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • MacLeod
    edited May 2005
    Actually thats about right. Ive been driving big trucks for a living for about 10 years now and while sitting behind the wheel for hours on end, you do think about things like this.

Ive had more than a couple close calls and they get you thinking on how you should handle them.

Plus, after so long, you develop a "feel", for lack of a better word, for the trucks and driving in general.

Kind of like in martial arts. The best fighters with years of experience and training dont have to think of the best way to counterattack an opponents punch. They already instinctively know and react. I guess its kind of the same thing.

Truck-Won-Do?

• neomagus00
    edited May 2005
    HAHA! man, why couldn't i have read that during hell week? :D

and even the experts run scenarios... like what do you do if you're in street clothes and you've got a guy on each side with a knife? how does that change if one of the guys is holding the knife fakie (or whatever the snowboarders call switchfoot)?