Need help picking Sub!!

EischMan
EischMan Posts: 14
edited May 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I have a custom made box to fit on my boat in the cockpit area
(Free Air?) and the inside cubic feet of the box is .975 The amp puts out 150 watts RMS and it will only fit a 8 inch sub.
Hoping someone can point me to the right sub from this info.

THANK YOU!!!
Kevin
P.S. I just saw a post that said u should not mix subs so you sould know the other sub in the cockpit (also running on 150watts) is a Bazooka 8''marine bass tube. The reason I did not
just get two of them is I really don't have room for the first one!!
(Hard to custom fit a round tube in a square area!)
Receiver - Yamaha RX-A2020
Mains - RTi10
Center- CSi5
Surround- FXi5
Sub - DSWpro660
Post edited by EischMan on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2005
    .975 ft^3 is ginormous, but in an open space like that, it might work very well... polk makes 8" subs :). i have an RE 8" that does pretty damn well, too.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • EischMan
    EischMan Posts: 14
    edited May 2005
    If .975 is too much i can cut it down some cuz the box is not done yet??
    I should mention im looking for tight bass not boomy.
    Receiver - Yamaha RX-A2020
    Mains - RTi10
    Center- CSi5
    Surround- FXi5
    Sub - DSWpro660
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,529
    edited May 2005
    You might wanna contact (Chris?) at Ascendant Audio ( www.ascendantaudio.com ) and ask him when his 8" sub will be available. It will be the absolute BEST for the cash as far as accuracy will go, along with output. It features the beloved XBL ^2 motor, with long excursion motors...

Won't cost an arm and a long either...

Thats my two cents.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited May 2005
    well, i'd build the box as you have it planned, because you can always glue 2x4s in later if necessary... you may find that a larger box is better, because you have no cabin gain, which car subs are designed to take into account. build big, tweak if necessary.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs