New member saying Helllo

QUiKSR20
QUiKSR20 Posts: 3
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself to the forum.. Im pretty new to Home theatre and a vetran to car audio.

Im trying to setup a good sounding setup and dont have a huge
budget im only 22 years old. But so far i think im doing ok.

You can see what my setup consists of so far in my signature.
Im opting for a new Reciever next I cant afford to go the PRE/PRO
setup yet. So far heres my top choices. If anyone has any comments
or suggestions please feel free to help me out.

1 - Outlaw 1050
2 - HK AVR320
3 - Denon 2802.
Thanks,
Daryl Gregg
MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever
Sony DVP-NS400D DVD
Klipsch SB-3 Mains
Klipsch SC-1 Center
Klipsch Quintet Rears
Klipsch KSW-12 Sub
AR Proseries Interconects
Post edited by QUiKSR20 on

Comments

• dean/klipschead
    dean/klipschead Posts: 295
    edited March 2002
    ...you can start by getting rid of all that crappy Klipsch stuff and getting some real speakers:D

BTW - buy the HK
    Dean
    Quicksilver M-60 monoblocks - JM 200 Peach Linestage - Sony DVP-S9000ES - '03 modified Klipschorns

"I'm sure it's better than it sounds."-- Mark Twain, when asked what he thought about Wagner's music
  • vicentre
    vicentre Posts: 23
    edited March 2002
    I love my HK AVR320. Dont let the low wattage rating fool you. The high current will make a believer out of you. Got mine at CC for 699.00, then i saw that the CC website had it for 599.00, so i went back and got my 100 bills. It also came with a free set of Jensen speakers...i know, but they were free. They sound great in the bathroom.:p
    Home Theater Man Cave

Display-Samsung PN60E550 | Receiver-Onkyo TX-NR809 | Sources-OPPO BDP-103, PS3, Apple TV | Speakers-PolkAudio; mains-RTiA7, center-CSiA6, surrounds-RTi70, back surrounds-RTi38 | Sub-SVS PB-1000 | Sennheiser HD-650 headphones | Schiit Audio Vahalla Headphone Amp | Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Turntable | Musical Fidelity V-LPS Mk II Phono Amp with upgraded power supply | Monster MP HTS 1600 power center
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2002
    I'd be very leary of HK stuff. They have had meny problems in the past.

I bought the AVR300 (I think that was the model) and it had problems.

1. Surrounds were very weak. Had to crank the rears just to hear them.

2. Strange clicking noise when the volume was changed. Everyone said this is normal. Sounds like HK needs to pull their head out, no other manufacture has this "clicking noise".

3. Crackling noise from different channels at different times.

There were other quirks, but it has been well over a year. I did some research and found I was not the only one to have problems like this. Maybe HK fixed these problems, maybe not, just be careful if you get one.

I picked up my Marantz SR5000 for the same price and it is running perfectly. Although I hear their new models had some problems that they are trying to fix.

Out of your list, I'd suggest the Outlaw. I've heard a lot of good things about them, never heard/seen one though.

Oh yeah, welcome aboard:)

Peace Out~:D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • johnnyamerika
    johnnyamerika Posts: 382
    edited March 2002
    I suggest the Denon 2802...I'm a big fan of both Onkyo and Denon, and I think they make great stuff. The 2802 is pretty powerful, with 6 channels and 7 channel pre-outs. As you can see, opinions are varied here on the forum!

Welcome!
  • QUiKSR20
    edited March 2002
    Thanks for all the opinions i really like the outlaw it has the guts
    of the best and no fancy BS.. Im leaning towards an SVS sub I
    think too or a sunfire signature.. I love my klipsch's i dunno why
    you think there garbage there super efficient and can be driven
    as loud as u want with no distortion and staying crystal clear.
    Kills my buddies BLO$E setup and runs with some of the best
    for the money. I wanna get some better mains eventually but
    cant afford yet either some Klipshe Heritage, Refrence or Polk, or
    pardigm in the same price range..
    Thanks,
    Daryl Gregg
    MY Home Theatre Page

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD
    Klipsch SB-3 Mains
    Klipsch SC-1 Center
    Klipsch Quintet Rears
    Klipsch KSW-12 Sub
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    dean/klipschead posted:
    ...you can start by getting rid of all that crappy Klipsch stuff and getting some real speakers

And our newest member replied:
    love my klipsch's i dunno why you think there garbage there super efficient and can be driven as loud as u want with no distortion and staying crystal clear

QUiKSR20:

1- I believe Mr. dean/klipschead is having a little fun with you! (notice the name - he has been giving us grief since he showed up about how good his Klipschs are etc...etc...etc... but we still let him hang around).

2- If you notice the name of the forum it is Club POLK . What do you expect... that we will become converts and rush over to Ebay to sell our speakers and pick up some Klipschs? (its kinda like going to a Mustang forum and announcing that "I really love my Camaro!" LOL )

3- WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!! (It may be hard but we may yet be able to bring this one over from the dark side) - He did say
    I wanna get some better mains eventually but cant afford yet either some Klipshe Heritage, Refrence or Polk , or pardigm in the same price range

4 - Buy the Denon - I would love the Outlaw if it had DPL II and component switching and a few other bells and whistles. The Outlaw is a strong receiver for the price range but it is a little dated.

5 - Again, welcome to our little group or as Pensacola would say...."Duuude, you're gettin' Polks!"
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • kanicker
    kanicker Posts: 86
    edited March 2002
    LOL! Battle of the Klipscheads!

I've never heard the outlaw, and it looks good in principle. I for one would sure like to hear it first. I can say nothing bad about Denon, especially the 2802.

That being said, I have an H/K 310, and I've been pleased as punch with it. The H/K and Denon have different sounds for sure, and I favor the H/K/. For one starting out and wanting to go with a reciever style setup, I think your options look good. Do what I did, after you narrow it down, go with the best deal $$$!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2002
    Let me first say that I own a Denon and like it very much and of the three receiver type choices, I don't think any one would be a "bad" choice.

A word about the Outlaw, I haven't heard it but I have a couple of buds who do and SWEAR by it. They say it is a good sounding, low frill affair. Reminiscent of NAD gear. Bonus to the Outlaw is preouts to all channels so that you can add separate amps later on. Big plus in my book. DPLII?? Who gives a turkey??

Anyhow, welcome to the forum. But I do have to ask this, and I'm not trying to run anyone off, why are you asking us? Seems to me that you are pretty solid on being a Klipsch guy so would it not make more sense to ask Klipsch folks what works best with Klipsch gear?

Troy
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • QUiKSR20
    edited March 2002
    Hey shack lol i dindt even see his name as dean/klipsch I know this
    is a polk forum but i have heard good things from the klipsch junkies
    about this forum so i decided to join i wont be bashing polk they are a very good speaker now BL0$E thats a diff story :D

Anyone ever try MBQUARTS? in home audio I have them in my car
    and think they sound good and very simular to my friends polk car setup in his BMW
    Thanks,
    Daryl Gregg
    MY Home Theatre Page

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD
    Klipsch SB-3 Mains
    Klipsch SC-1 Center
    Klipsch Quintet Rears
    Klipsch KSW-12 Sub
  • Nashvilletitans
    Nashvilletitans Posts: 80
    edited March 2002
    I would recommend the Denon. I am using the 1802 with SDA2bs,and it sounds great to me. Would love having a few more horses,almost bought the 2802,but 5.1 works fine for me.Didnt need to buy a new rear center.....lol. And after listening to both,80wpc compared to 90wpc was hard to hear a difference.
    For HT it works so far,but am wanting to add a decent amp for music/mains in the near future. Anyway,WELCOME ABOARD!
    John
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2002
    i love mb quart car audio, ran that a few years back in a car i had great sound :D
    welcome
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60