Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Pretty smart idea if you ask me.
  • bknauss
    bknauss Posts: 1,441
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Its interesting to note that Sony had just scored a big "win" by being able to unveil the PS3 several hours before Microsoft would unveil the Xbox 360 at E3 (Xbox 360 is the rumored official name of the Xbox2 now). I got a big kick out of it after reading Microsoft had been in talks with MTV for roughly a year now about this whole deal. One step back for MS, yet going 20 steps forward in the next breath.
    Brian Knauss
    ex-Electrical Engineer for Polk
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited April 2005
    Options
    This is just a first in a series of Xbox 2 upstaging PS3. Get used to it.
  • bknauss
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Forbes reports that the price of the thing will be about $259-299. Not bad. Didn't PS2 come out at $300?

Definitely getting excited about all of this!
    Brian Knauss
  • shiznit311
    shiznit311 Posts: 95
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I'll be preordering one of these with a side order of Nintendo's Revolution.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Has anyone found out whether the XB2 is backwards compatable?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • bknauss
    edited April 2005
    Options
    The rumor mill is that its not. J Allard of MS was interviewed a couple weeks ago, and the interviewer asked a couple times in a row if it would be backwards compatible, and after beating around the bush, and got ticked off (at least it seemed in the text) and told the interviewer he wasn't going to give him an answer.
    Brian Knauss
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    Options
    The good thing about this is now all the Xbox 1 games should drop in price. There are still a lot of those I want so by the time Im done playing them all the Xbox 2 should be down to around $150!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D