is possible to do this?

SamSagaZ
SamSagaZ Posts: 321
edited April 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey guys, with my HU im moving my mmc6500 with the front connector from the HU, is possible to put my 2 mm2124 into each channel of the HU rear speakers connector? :D

i think that this will not move the cone, but maybe i can try it, at least to listen it at low volume :)
Post edited by SamSagaZ on

Comments

• exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2005
    it wont move the cone...you might be able to put your finger on the surround of the sub and feel it, but i doubt it. Plus, i dont think your head unit has a low pass filter...
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited April 2005
    buy an amp for the subs?

hmmm lol hahahaha

-adam
    cats.vans.bag...
  • SamSagaZ
    edited April 2005
    sure, but while i save the money for it, i want to use it :D
  • swerve
    swerve Posts: 1,862
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by SamSagaZ
    sure, but while i save the money for it, i want to use it :D
    hahaha this **** cracks me up. just wait man not worth **** something up.
    cats.vans.bag...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    Dont worry about **** anything up. Even if struck by lighting, that head unit would never put out enough power to tickle those subs.

You could run your subs off the head unit but you wouldnt hear much.

Youd get a lot more bass running your tweeters off the front channels and the mids off the rear channels and saving the subs til you get an amp.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • spwuinmk67
    spwuinmk67 Posts: 797
    edited April 2005
    Some head units have the capability to bridge the rear two channels and give you roughly 75 watts for a sub. So you might wanna see if yours does, I know my DEH-960 did.
    1993 Ford Ranger super cab:
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P880PRS
    MB Quart QSD216
    in need of amps and subs

Home:
    52" Sharp Aquos
    PolkAudio Monitor 10's
    Harmon Kardon HK3375
    Xbox 360
    PolkAudio XM tuner

Owner and co-designer of www.basicholdem.com
  • SamSagaZ
    edited April 2005
    ok, if i use the front channel for tweeters and rear for woofers, i need to use the crossover like if im biamping?

i mean using both connectros, tweeters/mids, right?

another question... today ill goto buy the wires....

AWG 10 for subwoofers and Mid
    and
    AWG 14 for Tweeters are ok?
  • SamSagaZ
    edited April 2005
    audiopipe is the brand of the wires that i found here.
    maybe i can get neotech too.
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    10 guage wire is a litte overkill. Theres really no benefit to going over 12 guage and I actually prefer 14 guage as its a little easier to navigate thru the tight confines of a vehicle.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • SamSagaZ
    edited April 2005
    i can get all the items from there

http://www.audiopipe.com/Audiopipe_Catalogue.pdf

the items are cheap but looks nice.... at least the high end car accesories like batteries connectors

maybe i can buy an kit....

ill think abt it, btw, i already emailed the guy here in argentina that sell the products

ok, ill use 14 for the tweeters and and 12 for the mids and subwoofers and ill buy a few more meters and will change my home spekers wire :)
  • SamSagaZ
    edited April 2005
    one question, how many AMP i need to use in each Fuse Holder of each AMPLIFIER?

C500.1 and C400.4 :)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2005
    arent they internally fused?? if not, it should say what the fuse rating is on www.sounddomain.com
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • SamSagaZ
    edited April 2005
    well i think that they are fused, but i want to use another fuse with an nice fuse handler :)

maybe with some leds or something like that
  • SamSagaZ
    edited April 2005
    i think that i can use an big fuse, so it never will be broken, and if something goes wrong the internal fuse will be used.

right?
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2005
    yes, you could do that. or you could add up all the fuse ratings of the amps and use a large fuse value that's a little above that for your distribution fuse (in addition to the one you have within 18 inches of the battery). then you have three layers of protection, in case your amp goes apeshit.

Example:
    500.1 has 2 25-amp fuses
    400.4 has 2 30-amp fuses

Add them together to get 110 amps. the fuse next to the battery should be at or just above this number, and the one in the distribution block can be the same value.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Eh, it doesnt have to be 110 amps or higher.

That 110 amps is the most absolute maximum you will ever use and youll probably never draw that much.

Doesnt hurt tho.

• neomagus00
    edited April 2005
    the big ones are for car protection, not amp (usually). if you short out an amplifier, you'll end up getting a LOT more than 110 amps flowing through that power wire...

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • SamSagaZ
    edited April 2005
    ok guys, i understand now....

btw, what do you think abt that brand? will be good enough, right?

at least i can get all the 2005 stuff from AudioPipe, and the items looks at least nice.
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2005
    wire is wire, there's no audible differences amongst them. heck, there's barely an electrical difference.