cant fit the 2 subwoofers!!!!

SamSagaZ
SamSagaZ Posts: 321
edited April 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
damn damn,, was 2 days trying to put the 2 subwoofers in the same box and is impossible!!! :(

someone know if i sell one of the mm2124 and use just one in my car will be ok?

(i dont want to do that, but looks like is an cheap and ill save a few feets in space)

:(
Post edited by SamSagaZ on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2005
    having two subs running at the same power is only 3 dB louder than one sub, which isn't much of a difference. since you're considering this seriously, it's worth it to find out for yourself if 1 is enough.

i say go ahead and install just the one sub, and if you find that it's enough, great! if you find that you do indeed need the second, you can go from there.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • Thom
    Thom Posts: 723
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by SamSagaZ
    damn damn,, was 2 days trying to put the 2 subwoofers in the same box and is impossible!!! :(

someone know if i sell one of the mm2124 and use just one in my car will be ok?

(i dont want to do that, but looks like is an cheap and ill save a few feets in space)

:(

What woofers? A few feet saved? Lots of 12"s require less than a cubic foot of airspace and are only a foot across, so I don't understand how one woofer will save so much space.

What's the problem with fitting them in the same box? Not enough area to actually mount the woofers, or not enough airspace for them?
  • SamSagaZ
    SamSagaZ Posts: 321
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by Thom
    What woofers? A few feet saved? Lots of 12"s require less than a cubic foot of airspace and are only a foot across, so I don't understand how one woofer will save so much space.

What's the problem with fitting them in the same box? Not enough area to actually mount the woofers, or not enough airspace for them?

Not enough area to actually mount the woofers in the same box, im working with fiber glass, btw, now i cut the base and ill put the 2 woofers one on each side of the car.

ill send some pics soon
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    Those MM2124's dont require a lot of space. You shouldnt have a problem fitting 2 of them in your trunk.

You may have to re-figure where youre going to put your box tho but Im sure you can make em work.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D