650 Sub on by itself

Options
egk
egk Posts: 13
edited March 2002 in Technical/Setup
My 650 sub works perfectly. It comes on when it's supposed to and shuts off when it's supposed to. It also sounds great. However, sometimes even though i'm not using the system, every once in a while, I notice that the little green light is on. After a while, i'll look and it will be off. This doesn't happen very often but is interesting. What could cause the 650 to power on by itself? Could some RF cause this?

Thanks.

Ed
Post edited by egk on

Comments

• TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2002
    Options
    could be some dust bunnies or maybe some ghosts... ? other than being a smart a** .. sorry..no clue :)
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited March 2002
    Options
    maybe it is just letting you know it is still there..coming on for a breif moment as if to tell you come play with me i need to produce some bass, come on power up the system you know you want too :D
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • wpaules
    wpaules Posts: 101
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I have something similar happen with my RT2000i speakers. As strange as it sounds the light comes on sometime when the entry door is slammed!
  • egk
    egk Posts: 13
    edited March 2002
    Options
    My thoughts also. I guess that maybe some stray RF or a sudden noise/vibration might cause the 650 power up. Not really a problem since it doesn't happen too frequently.

Ed
  • Kevin Thompson
    Kevin Thompson Posts: 1
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I had the same problem with my subs. I have two PSW650's and when the front door was closed hard the subs would come on. I added a little foam padding at the door and the problem went away. Good luck
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited March 2002
    Options
    You might want to make sure your sub inputs aren't running paralel to any power cables or speaker cables.
    Chris :)
  • cruiser3
    cruiser3 Posts: 47
    edited March 2002
    Options
    No ghosts, but static electricity will cause your sub to suddenly seem to come on. Usually if your near the sub when it mysterly comes on you will hear a 'pop'.
    Onkyo 696 receiver, Panasonic DVD RV31U,Polk RM6600 w/ 350 sub (rti28's 2nd zone), JVC Dual tape deck, MMF-2.1 Turntable, JVC 5010 CD R. ((its simple, its cheap, it works))