Peer Review

neomagus00
neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
edited April 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
I would like to offer unto the forum a rudimentary, but growing (slowly), audio-related website... here... and to open it to constructive criticisms, helpful suggestions, and overt insults. Have at, if you so desire.
It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
Post edited by neomagus00 on

Comments

• LittleCar_w/12s
    LittleCar_w/12s Posts: 568
    edited April 2005
    Seems to be very comprehensive. Good job.

For some things in life, you pay others to do it... For a masterpeice, do it yourself.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    Not a bad start.

When shopping for audio gear I put a lot of stock in magazine reviews. How about putting links to some products reviewed in one of the 4 main magazines not to mention some links to consumer reviews on places like Circuit City, Sounddomain and Epinions.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2005
    good idea... which are the big 4? CA&E and...?

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AustinKP
    AustinKP Posts: 861
    edited April 2005
    generally, you want links to external websites to open in a new window. Two reasons: so it's clear you've left the original website, and second, when they close the window, they're back at your site - this way, they don't have to hit "Back" 50 times to get back. Good start though.
    -Austin
    http://www.silverdragon.com/punkie/cybertusk/net.idiot.html - Read it, know it

Alpine 9815
    Polk MM6's in custom fiberglass door pods
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
    HiFonics Zeus ZX6400 - 85x2 + 350x1
    2 Gallons SecondSkin Spectrum V.2
  • AustinKP
    edited April 2005
    Also, If you were feeling ambitious, you could also have the same checkbox thing with each website, detailing the brands they sell for easier comparison. This could come in handy if you wanted to find the best price for a certain amp. That way you only have to look at the stores that carry them, instead of looking everywhere. It'd be a lot of work though.
    -Austin

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12
  • neomagus00
    edited April 2005
    footwork doesn't bother me, this is something for me to do when i'm putting off homework :). and i would spawn to an external window, but i use firefox and find spawning to a new tab much tastier. i'm looking for a way to do that, but barring that, a new window is the plan.

• AustinKP
    edited April 2005
    Originally posted by neomagus00
    i would spawn to an external window, but i use firefox and find spawning to a new tab much tastier. i'm looking for a way to do that, but barring that, a new window is the plan.
    it's just a setting in firefox to have new windows just open to a new tab instead. Better to do it that way (open new window)so it's cross-platform compatible anyway...
    -Austin

Alpine 9815
    Ascendant Audio Atlas 12