what abt wires?

SamSagaZ
SamSagaZ Posts: 321
edited April 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
hey guys, is good to buy free oxygen wires or expensive wires? or an electricity one will be ok? :D

i dont will rewire the car right now, ill do it when install the amps, but need to save more money if need to use some special wire :D
Post edited by SamSagaZ on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited April 2005
    for power and ground and speaker wire, the only advantage to buying more expensive wire is that it is MUCH easier to work with, especially the larger gauges. decent audio wire is really not that expensive, i highly reccommend you get it.

for RCAs, if you don't already have them, spend as much as you can stand to spend, it's worth it.

oh, and to figure out how much wire you need - run a string exactly how you'll run the appropriate wire, then add a little bit for mistakes.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited April 2005
    see if www.knukonceptz.com will ship international. regular electrical wire is EXTREMELY hard to work with and does not do as well in a car enviroment and is much more prone to corroding
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • SamSagaZ
    SamSagaZ Posts: 321
    edited April 2005
    well, is ok to use the wire that come with the KIT? or i need to change it too?
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    The wires that came with your speakers are 16 guage wire if Im not mistaken. This is ok but 14 would be better.

For wires, I agree with the others. Power wires are all the same pretty much but you still want to buy quality wire. RCA's, like Neo said, spend as much as you can. Your money goes into better insulation and noise filtering.

As far as brands, Im partial to Tsunami and Streetwires.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D