biamp momo/db??

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
help i have 6.5"momo components and db 5.25 components i want to use 2 amps for the set up with a clairion mdx700 crossover i plan to push the mids at 100-110 watts rms and the tweeters at 25 watts is this possible will i damage the speakers?? help help
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    you actually want to run the mids and tweeters at close to the same power, maybe the tweets at a bit under. 110 and 25 is rather too far apart. in order to get enough treble out of that setup, you very well may damage the tweets. not likely, but possible.

if you're running each channel of the component sets off of a channel of an amp, you don't need an external xover.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    If you havent bought the Clarion yet, Id say to save your money.

The Momo x-over is biampable and is very high quality stuff. I can pretty much guarantee you that you wouldnt be able to hear a difference unless you changed the frequencies. The Momo x-over is already set at the best settings for the best SQ. It also has tweeter protection. I recommend sticking with it.

As for the DB components in the rear you can still bi-amp them. Simply run the front channels thru the x-over and to the tweeter then run the rear channels straight to the mid. I did this with my Momo 6x9s and Im doing it that way with my current MM6's. It works fine.

This way, youll get the same SQ and you can spend the money for the Clarion on something better.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    the mm6 xover isn't biampable, btw, if those're the momo speakers you have. and saving money is good, very tasty.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    Right, the MM6 x-over isnt bi-ampable but the MMC6500 sure is. Im assuming thats what he has since you cant get the Mighty MM6 anymore. :(
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D