setup for a saab 9-3 Aero 1999

stippie
stippie Posts: 1
edited March 2005 in Car Audio & Electronics
hi,
i'm tuning my saab this weekend with maptun to a serious 290hp and 370 Nm, sport chassis et cetera.....but the sound must be the best as well! anyone suggestions for a good (Polk) setup in this enjoyable Saab?
Post edited by stippie on

Comments

• neomagus00
    neomagus00 Posts: 3,899
    edited March 2005
    OOH! i have an '00 Convertible!

i run the mm6, which i find enormously enjoyable. the car is solidly built, so i reccommend a pair of 12" subs. personally, i'm leaning towards eclipse or diamond, but only because i have a droptop and want bass on the highway... you shouldn't need as much output. thus, a pair of mm2124 should do nicely.

to properly reccommend an amp (or a nicer set of non-polk speakers or subs), we'll need to know your budget. failing that, find something that does around 1600 watts at 1 ohm or 4 ohms, or something that does 800 watts at 2 ohms.

FYI, the mm6 have about a 1/8" clearance from the window inside my door... you definately want to check before you go buying anything. also consider custom mounting (fiberglass) for the mm6, because if your door is like mine, there's about 4 inches of dead air that will not help your sound; if you can push the speaker right up against the grille AND angle it AND get it in a sealed box... this is good.
    It's not good, very fundamentally simply not good. - geolemon

"Its not good enough until we have real-time fearmongering. I want my fear mongered as it happens." - Shizelbs
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2005
    I also have the MM6 but I like the newer MMC6500's better. They are a little smoother with a little more depth to them. Not to mention they require a lot less tweaking to get the best SQ out of 'em.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D