Doom3 Xbox

Options
avelanchefan
avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
edited July 2005 in Video Games
Was over at my friends house last night, we went through the first few maps together.

1) Best ported game from a cpu to a console

2) Sounds creepy as all get out in 5.1

3) Dark as ever
Sean
XboxLive--->avelanchefan
PSN---->Floppa
http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
Post edited by avelanchefan on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited March 2005
    Options
    AWESOME! Thanks for the thumbs up. I plan to get this game.

Maurice
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2005
    Options
    HOLY ****!!!!!!

ITS OUT NOW?!?!?!?!?

I didnt think it was coming out til mid April!! My Gawd man! What am I doing sitting here? Ive only been waiting for it since the rumors first started circulating back in 97!!!

Doom effin RULES!
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Ahhhhh. How'd you get a copy already?

I thought Id actually play it smart and call before I took off **** and elbows to the mall and sure enough, its not out til the 4th. I checked Circuit City's website too and they list it as not out yet. :(:(:(

Your friend has "connections" eh? ;)

Damn man! I was fired up too! The missus is at work til 9 so I had visions of me staying up til 5 am playing it!
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • avelanchefan
    edited April 2005
    Options
    No this is no April Fools.

We both have modded XBox's, and Doom 3 was released on the BitTirrent site's last Friday.(3/25)

Who ever scored a copy released it fast in the hacker community. I can ususally score games about 1 week prior to their release.

My friend has connections because he has a killer upload/download speed and can download a 4gig game in about 2 hours.

Seriously guys, I do not think anyone will be very dissapointed. If you liked the originals you will like this.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • organ
    edited April 2005
    Options
    avelanchefan,
    How's the frame rate? Is it constant? 60fps or 30? I'll be getting mine next week hopefully.

Maurice
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Oh I loved the originals alright.

Me an my unlce used to rent Sega Genesis games every once in a while and one night we were commenting on how we wish there was just a game where you go around a blow **** up. About that time I passed the PS1 section and saw Doom. We rented a PS1 and gave it a try. We stayed up til 6 AM playing that then 5 AM the next day playing it! I have been hooked ever since. Its the only reason I bought a PS1, Doom and Final Doom.

Even tho its technology is outdated I think it was the most perfect game ever for my tastes. Just run around in a spooky environment with eery music killing monsters and demons. And its not like games now where you get just enough ammo and health to do the job, in Doom youve got plenty of bullets, rockets, chainsaws and health packs to go around!

• MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Options
    ONE MORE DAY!!!!!

I CANT WAIT!!

Ive got $20 in Electronics Boutique gift certificates I got for Christmas that Ive been saving JUST for Doom 3!!

I should just write off the gym for the rest of the week and warn the missus that the TV is gonna be off limits for a few days! :D

• organ
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Damn this game is AMAZING!!!!!!!! Gonna be away from the forums for a while. Having so much fun blasting monsters and ****.

Maurice
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Hell yeah it is! Spooky as hell!

No complaints so far. Ive not had any problems with not enough health of ammo.

Graphics are awesome and the ambience is great!

I still like the PS1 versions better but thats probably because that was the first time I ever played Doom and I was instantly obsessed!

• organ
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Yup, you're right. This is the creepiest game I've ever played. Very sick and twisted too. The graphics is amazing.

I picked up the limited edition version which includes "Final Doom" and "Doom II".

Maurice
  • avelanchefan
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I knew you guys would like it. Id did a great job. Well worth the wait.
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Well I just finished it.

This is a long game!! Granted I only played a few hours a week but it still took a while.

Overall the game is awesome. However the ending was a little disappointing. :(

• Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2005
    Options
    I played doom on my old 256 mhz comp with 8 mb of ram....that was when games still fit on floppies. Doom was and is amazing. They set the pace for all FPS out there, I don't care what anyone else says.
  • MacLeod
    edited April 2005
    Options
    Couldnt agree more. Technology aside, I think Doom is the ultimate game. As close to perfect as a game could be for my tastes anyway.

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,048
    edited May 2005
    Options
    I bought this game the other day...

This has got to be one of the scariest games I have EVER played...

The bass is extreme, seriously... turn it up to about 100db and you'll get up absolutely shaking. I played it like that the first day I got it, and refuse to play it like that again... I got up in a sweat..shaking pretty good for over a hour... the sound, the graphics, the bass...everything just flat out scared me... lol

Also, how long is this game? Seriously, looks like it has about 20+ levels...sheez
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • MacLeod
    edited June 2005
    Options
    This game is very long. It took me a while to finish it.

My only **** is the ending movie is kind of a let down. Youre left like "ummm, thats it"?

• gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited June 2005
    Options
    HOLY SHAT!

I just got the PC version. I think I wet my pants. I'm still on the first level but I dont know if I have the courage to continue. I'm going to have nightmares.
    Graham
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited June 2005
    Options
    Originally posted by gatemplin
    HOLY SHAT!

I just got the PC version. I think I wet my pants. I'm still on the first level but I dont know if I have the courage to continue. I'm going to have nightmares.

It only gets much worse. :p
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Just a heads up for all you gamers out there:

Fry's 4th of July sale Doom 3 for XBOX= $27.99

Seem's like a hell of a deal seeing that at Game Stop the used ones are $39.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Too late for me! Im a diehard fan thats been waiting for Doom 3 since the PS1 days around 1995!!

I went out and spent the $50 the day it came out! :D

• jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Yup, this one is a load of fun-

First time playing it this weekend after moving boxes all day.

Pictures this- House is still trashed from moving and I'm all alone except for a black dog with no coller that likes to growl when females talk on the game and stalk around the house hiding in crevices in the dark.

Stupid dog... She scared the crap out of me when she snuck up and grabbed my leg. (She does the "shake" command to get attention when she sees something furry in the yard) Playing doom loud and a black claw grabs your leg? You try not screaming like a little girl... ;)
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Is it just me...

Or after playing 5 levels of this game... did it not get rediculously - boring...

Seriously now... The formula for this game is almost completely **** and uninspiring to play...

Step 1) Trigger Trap
    Step 2) Monster Appear
    Step 3) You Kill Monsters
    Step 4) You Move
    Step 5) Repeat Step 1

If anyone wants a fast way to play Doom 3... take a flash light and turn it on and flash it around a room and just wait... everything in that room will appear suddently and you can save the surprise...

The game is scary... it looks great...the sound is great. I'll probally play its 20+ levels when I get the 360... but I'm overall kind of let down after all the talk this game got...

Or maybe I just dont like building/hallway levels. I'm more of an open field type guy...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I'm on level 6, what is frustrating to me is that it is very linear (One entrance to a room, one exit) and that there is no mini map.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • VR3
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Yeah... it also dosnt really give you clues that you are going the wrong way when you do - as most everything looks the same until you get in a "section"...
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    Options
    I guess you have to be a diehard Doom and Final Doom fan. Thats all it was back in 93. It wasnt about cool puzzles and story lines, it was about a bunch of monsters that you have to kill and we'll give you plenty of ammo and health and go get em!

The Playstation version of Doom is the most perfect game ever in my opinion. It differed from the PC version by the soundtrack. Very low key and eerie music that gave it a very creepy ambiance. Final Doom is my alltime favorite game every!

• Mjr7531
    Mjr7531 Posts: 856
    edited July 2005
    Options
    It's pretty neat I've played the demo, yes I'll admit I was scared. Of course it was kinda choppy too... :o
    It's kinda neat to *not* see the game concept change, but rather the graphics and ambiance, it came out pretty well.
    Are there cut scenes in the game? Cause I think no cut scenes is the way to go.
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    Options
    If by "cut scenes" you mean little movie clips that move the story along then yes they have em.

It works good though. Its not much of a mystery cause you know who the badguy is pretty quick but its still and intersting story.

I saw on the DVD that they actually hired a sci-fi writer to write the story for the game.

• VR3
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Yall just wait for Gears Of War to come out...

It looks like we might be saying Doom and Halo who?

It looks like combines aspects of both games. Looks AMAZING. I'm pumped about it.
  • MacLeod
    edited July 2005
    Options
    Havent heard of that one.

Is it a first person shooter like Doom?

Is it going to be horror based or sci-fi?